Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Classes > Burglar

Burglar For discussion relating to the Burglar class.

Thread Closed
Old 24-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burglar changes 2.0

Since burglar are already so underpower some nice change for pvp with the crit chane removal and some nice changes for pve e.g. counter defence ftw ^^ Orion's Page

Old 24-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm much more excited when seeing those than the previous "big" changes for burglars. Being able to riddle any kind of mob is awesome as well and indeed the best change that will justify 1 or 2 burglars in a group is the proposed change for CD. Keep up the good work devs!

Old 24-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Riddle change is awesome, but now it somehow feels wrong.
It doesnt make any sense you can riddle a wolf or something.

I used 'Dust in the Eyes" yesterday on a headless wright...
Can someone explain how that works?

I understand it's impossible to make sense of every attack and ability and making a list of creatures without eyes on which it doesnt work.

But changing riddle just feels wrong.
Perhaps a name change to "confuse" would make more sense.
You might not riddle a wolf, but confusing it ( by doing some trick) is plausible.

Old 24-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah .. and traiting Trickster and just stunning 3 targets in pvp is just <3

Old 24-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

I made a longer reply on the US forums but I'll post my main concern here as well:

Any sort of improvement they are planning to make on debuffing and crowd control should be tied to the Mischief-maker traitline. We really need it to make the traitline more viable. This goes for the mentioned changes to Confound, Counter Defence and Startling Twist.

I think the suggested change to Riddle is unnecessary and against the nature of the skill.

Old 24-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Riddle and Confound will now work on beasts, creatures of nature and other non-sentient creatures. This change is a big one as it opens up a lot more crowd control to the Burglar.
Well, guess its quite nice change, but I don't really get why is needed.

Quote:
Mischief, Gambler and Quiet Knife can be toggled back on after defeat. This will only work, when the burglar is revived by another player.
At last.

Quote:
Practiced Bluff: Improved Feint Attack is now outside the critical chain. You will no longer need to use Double-edge Strike to activate iot.
Little Annoyances: Quite the Snag is now outside of the critical change as Improved Feint Attack above.
Dealings Done: Gambler’s Strike is now outside of he critical change as Improved Feint Attack.
Don't get why those skills should be changed, but might be nice, especially IFA and Provoke daze combo.

Quote:
Riddle - potentially no longer breaking stealth when used.
Don't see point of that.

Quote:
Counter Defence - affecting both ranged and tactical incoming critical chances
I hope this is not going to happen, ranged and tactical dps already have quite good advantages over melee in raids.

I was hoping for MM traitline change, but nothing about it. And again changes will benefit burgs in pvp, will make creeps cry even more.

Last edited by Felradir; 24-05-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Old 24-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalk into Mordor View Post
I made a longer reply on the US forums but I'll post my main concern here as well:

Any sort of improvement they are planning to make on debuffing and crowd control should be tied to the Mischief-maker traitline. We really need it to make the traitline more viable. This goes for the mentioned changes to Confound, Counter Defence and Startling Twist.

I think the suggested change to Riddle is unnecessary and against the nature of the skill.
This. When I saw the post I was hoping to see that the Devs would have focused in the MM line. Although the changes are quite nice, for me it would have been better to tag these into MM as a line bonus, rather than global skill updates.

And yeah Riddle, like having a critter mez, but would have preferred a new skill, tied into the Riddle cool-down.

Old 24-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)

wtf double edge strike at lvl6??!!can't see the point of that,way too much early imo...
And now burgs are going to be more op in EM can't see again the point of that,they are fine as they already are.

Old 24-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Just, lol! Soon you'll need a creep raid to chase down and kill a burg.
It is a fact, Devs play burgs mostly.

Old 24-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbuli View Post
Just, lol! Soon you'll need a creep raid to chase down and kill a burg.
It is a fact, Devs play burgs mostly.
Creeps already crying?

Thread Closed