Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Classes > Captain

Captain For discussion relating to the Captain class.

Thread Closed
Old 30-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 19
Question Best armour for a Captain

Hi everyone,

As I get ever closer to the level cap I am wondering on what armour I should be focusing on getting. At the moment I am level 62 and running round with the four Moria pieces (everything except helm and shoulders) and then helm and shoulders of the rallying shout. Is there a better set out there that I should be trying to get?

Many thanks for any answers .
 
Old 30-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, UK
Posts: 2,626
Default

4 Hele + OD Gloves + OD Chest is best in the game IMO (or 5 OD + something if you're not getting many defeat responses).

4 Hele + Moria Chest + Moria Legs or Gloves is also nice and much easier to get.
 
Old 30-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Wal.Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,462
Default

I know everyone raves about 4 Hele because of the short Rallying Cry CD but the stats are horrible, and unlike specialised classes which only have a few stats to worry about captains require more balance and 4 Hele pieces will make a nasty dent in some stats (depending on which 4 you go for)
 
Old 30-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 19
Default

Thanks for the reply Redeemer, am I right in thinking both Hele and OD are raids, how long roughly do they take?

If you think that Hele dents the stats too much what set would you say gives the best all round stats?
 
Old 30-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,305
Default

4 Hele + Moria Chest + Moria Legs or Gloves as Redeemer said. Hele + Moria gives solid stats and 20% cut on all on defeats cooldowns is well worth it.

You don't need a real raid for Helegrod at least now. You just form/join a group for hele marks(usually a quest to get some items/kill mobs) and way under level 65.
 
Old 30-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, UK
Posts: 2,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal.Net View Post
I know everyone raves about 4 Hele because of the short Rallying Cry CD but the stats are horrible, and unlike specialised classes which only have a few stats to worry about captains require more balance and 4 Hele pieces will make a nasty dent in some stats (depending on which 4 you go for)
Ignoring the fact that I disagree with you on stats (I don't really rate might/agi except for soloing, for which I change lots of gear and get them both to 650 with war banner), the hele helm/shoulders/boots have fairly nice stats. The legs/gloves are ok, granted the chest is terrible but that's why you use 2 non-hele pieces.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Redeemer, am I right in thinking both Hele and OD are raids, how long roughly do they take?

If you think that Hele dents the stats too much what set would you say gives the best all round stats?
OD is the current endgame raid, yes. Helegrod is technically a raid, but it's more of a skirmish, and all you need from there for the armour is a few marks (which are given to everyone). Do the easy spider (venom) + drake (fang) dailies 4 times and you'll have enough hele marks for your 4 pieces. Shouldn't take more than 15 mins for a 6-man pug to do those 2 quests at level 57.

Last edited by Redeemer; 30-05-2011 at 10:12 PM.
 
Old 31-05-2011, 06:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,734
Default

I use :

4 hele
3 annuminas (cloak etc)

Kinda like the mix of it. Annuminas gear only grows better with increased numbers.

Can't be bothered with OD, i'm only running the hamster wheel with the legendaries that is already enough hamstering.
 
Old 31-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Silmahad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Ignoring the fact that I disagree with you on stats (I don't really rate might/agi except for soloing, for which I change lots of gear and get them both to 650 with war banner), the hele helm/shoulders/boots have fairly nice stats. The legs/gloves are ok, granted the chest is terrible but that's why you use 2 non-hele pieces.
Same opinion here, the Hele four part bonus is excellent and most of the stats are nice. Might and Agility are pretty useless while you are traited yellow or blue. I still watch blue or yellow traited captains with loads of "champion equip" and therfore 3k power pools running around on my server....playing a captain seems to be rocket science after all...
 
Thread Closed

Bookmarks


As per 31.05.2011. All times are UTC.