Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Crafting

Crafting Use this forum to discuss everything related to crafting! Post guides, ask questions, seek help!

Thread Closed
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which guild

My hunter has a choice of 2 guilds. These are the cooks guild and the jewellers guild. Both guilds seems to have good points and bad points so its not easy to decide which one to go for.

I suppose the main considerations when deciding which guild would be the use of the items produced for a hunter and if i can make a bit of money selling the things produced.

Any advise.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

As a Tinker, I would suggest going for the Jewellers Guild.
Main reason for this is, that you are able to craft all the Guild items yourself and there are some good crafting items from the Guild
If you were to choose the Cook Guild you would find yourself grinding the Auction House for all your Food items.
I have characters in all Guilds and made the choice for each on how self-sustaining they were

Armourer - Metalsmith Guild
Armsman - Weaponsmith Guild
Explorer - Tailors Guild
Historian - Scholars Guild
Woodsman - Woodworkers Guild
Yeoman - Cooks Guild
Tinker - Jewellers Guild

That way you only need to spend money on Shop Items (NPC not Store)

Old 09-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes definitely jeweller guild for tinkers.

Plus cook is easy to get SM and you can still buy nice recipes for cooks without being in the guild and there is no rare single use penalty.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

If you plan on having lvl65+ characters then you will need a Guild for each character eventually to make the Crafted relics for Legendary weapons etc. Those can only be made once SM and Kindred with a crafting Guild and are Bind on Aquire so each character will need to make their own.

But as previous replies have said Jeweller Guild is one of the better, as most crafted jewellery is better if not on par with most quest rewards/raid drops.

To save hassle for future plan on at least having a SM cook/farmer and scholar alts as at higher levels you will be using a lot of crafted food/health-power pots.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinger View Post
To save hassle for future plan on at least having a SM cook/farmer and scholar alts as at higher levels you will be using a lot of crafted food/health-power pots.
Really? I know peoples use of food varies wildly but pots ? My scholar used to make loads but ever since you could get pots from barter vendors for the sea of otherwise pointless rep items he hasn't made a single pot. Still going through my mirkwood rep items haven't even started on the stacks of Enedwaith rep items.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

@Wal.Net you still have to level to get enough barter items to get to that point. You will have been raiding/questing in mirkwood since its release so have a lot to spare. Him as a leveler won't.

Plus the fact that Enedwaith rep items buy legendary scrolls and IXP coins I save them for that and save all scholar paper just to make health/power pots.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

But before that you had the moria mirror quests, again more pots than you could chug-a-lug

Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

2 accounts with 5 active characters on each, I do

Old 13-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal.Net View Post
Really? I know peoples use of food varies wildly but pots ? My scholar used to make loads but ever since you could get pots from barter vendors for the sea of otherwise pointless rep items he hasn't made a single pot. Still going through my mirkwood rep items haven't even started on the stacks of Enedwaith rep items.
It depends on what you do in game. I can go through stack of pots in one raiding night.

Old 19-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinger View Post
Crafted relics for Legendary weapons etc. Those can only be made once SM and Kindred with a crafting Guild and are Bind on Aquire so each character will need to make their own.
Are you sure? I'm fairly certain they're not BOA. I put a lesser agility run on the AH the other day that I made, can't comment on the SM ones tho.

Thread Closed