Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Servers > [EN] Gilrain > [EN] Gilrain - Monsterplay

[EN] Gilrain - Monsterplay Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ongoing Ettenmoors discussion

I thought i'd make a new one of these to avoid other threads getting hijacked and reduce the number of EM related threads on the gilrain forum (yeah im guilty of making a few).

So whats happening at the moment? I read that creeps took all the keeps? I'm gonna log in for lunch in about 20 mins. Maybe I should log a freep instead?

Last edited by Mikeemoomoo; 04-11-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nothing new really, it seems during the day there's slightly more creeps than freeps on, creeps take most of the keeps, around 1800h (CET) more freeps log in, we take back a few keeps and rest of the evening is TA fight =]

Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

What's wrong with the number of EM related threads here?
Those are the threads I love to read All the other stuff is that's boring!

Old 11-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolas
Nothing new really, it seems during the day there's slightly more creeps than freeps on, creeps take most of the keeps, around 1800h (CET) more freeps log in, we take back a few keeps and rest of the evening is TA fight =]
Sounds like the heavenly bliss I remember *cough*

Old 11-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Lets talk about items...this is exciting gluth...i dropped armor with +3 defence...aww isnt it amazing

Old 11-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Talking Normal threads......

oh no not back to the normal threads.... reaches for LOTR delete button.

Back to lots of EM related threads.....

But on a more serious note... The normal PvE environment is predictable on a tactical & strategic level. Although those events are important to the group of individuals at the time.. Most other groups have already experienced them...

The reasons that EM is the single most talked about topic IS that it is PvP & that it is not entirely tactically predictable.

This is where the most passion is generated ..thus the most talk. Same goes for
sports (football, Rugby, Tennis , Golf , Athletics ...etc).

We all know some things are the same ...the creep / freep number during the day ... The fact that Freeps will be using oodles of CC the creeps forming Warg packs etc.. But the outcome is NOT predictable ...thats why I play EM , thats why my freep is level 38 after 12 months in the game...

Old 11-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hmm about people's snobbiness about *who is allowed to take keeps*.

There is no rule that states freeps can't take Lug. I LOVE it when they do because it means an almost guaranteed 2k dp taking it back on one of my many, very DP hungry, creeps.

There is no rule that states creeps can't take TR. I LOVE it when I do because it finally means access to all those quests I've been dying to hand in. And you know what, as a freep, when the map is all red... it's much more exciting! Its genuinely scary stepping off the GV steps and wondering who the hell is going to pounce on you first.

Last night I entered EM with just TWENTY SIX destiny points, at about 10:30pm. I logged off at around 4am with 28,849 destiny points. I had a fabulous time, and taking TR was pretty essential for me because I had a shed load of quests to hand in there. Also, I should add my thanks to Karmarachnid who once all the freeps had logged off, selflessly spent his dp - at our request - on a troll to help just six of us take LC and TR and give An and some aurochs a spanking.

And I will make this request to both freeps and creeps - please do not whine in OOC about *letting the creeps/freeps have a keep*. Who are you to dictate how the game goes? That sort of piousness gets right on my tits

Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorita
Hmm about people's snobbiness about *who is allowed to take keeps*.
I understand that you need TR for making some DP but there are just so many other and easier ways to do that. Whack AN every half an hour and you can grind a lot more DP then getting TR back.

And it's not snobbiness, it's more action for creeps if freeps get back to the battle faster.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Aye, there's no sense in utterly crushing a foe that's already defeated: give him a chance to recover and the battle after is much more rewarding. Works both ways too, even though you might notice it there's a lot of shouting against people taking Luga when freeps get TA and outnumber the creeps.

Of course there's always some that ignore that and take the keep anyway, there's no helping some people..

I'd also love for the creeps to take over LC more often instead of just defending TA - the fight is so much better when you're not constantly sitting down waiting for the other party to finally charge again. Had some great LC - EC fighting last weekend, too bad last night it was all TA again

Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

I always check the map to see which side is winning, and then I always log to the losing side - its much for fun fighting for something rather than just cruising for infamy/renown. The people that log when the fight is not going their way don't really have my respect, and the shouting on OOC (both sides) is just an acknowledgement that unfortunately some people are cowards/poor losers and don't like dying. Being one of the few creeps defending Lug or one of the few freeps defending TR have been by far the most exciting fights for me and reducing the amount of places the game can go just ends up with us all doing a little dance around TA South Bridge. Boring!

Thread Closed