Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Servers > [EN] Snowbourn > [EN] Snowbourn - Kinships

[EN] Snowbourn - Kinships Start your own Kinship or join that of another player.

Thread Closed
Old 27-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Best Dressed Couple 09

Default Moria Defenders Kinship - Recruiting

Me:

Hi all,

A little about me I am 30ish and married to the lovely Colleen who is also a LOTRO fanatic We are both originally from N.Ireland but currently located in Germany due to me being in the RAF.

Our Kin:

We started as a small group of friends from a previous kin together. Rank 10 and have purchased our kin house in the Shire Homesteads, an area voted on by the kin members, something we believe strongly in is that the members have a say in all we do, it is after all their kin too! As of today we have approximately 70 real members, not including alts. We cover a large range of levels and classes and have members from the UK but also all over europe.

As a kin, the priority is having a laugh together and enjoying each other's company as we quest, not hardcore raiding. With the release of SoM we are loving the new Skirmish instances and really having a great laugh taking part in them. We are a family kin but we will be taking part in all of the instances as and when a group wants to, there will be no pressure put on anyone to MAKE them do things as other kins may do.

Members are encouraged to bring ideas to the table themselves for improving kin life and that works well for us

What we offer:

Website - www.moriadefenders.com - With Forums and lots of other nice little features please check it out and also check out the varied members profiles

Ventrilo Server - We have purchased a 15 slot ventrilo server mainly for when we get into the instances and it has really helped with getting to know each other better.

Weekly Raid Nights - We currently Do DN, BG and also OD on a weekly basis and having a blast learning the New OD raid!

Trait/Book Nights - Want to complete those painful deeds? We are currently having a deed night each week where kinnies can get together in groups and try having a laugh as they go slaughtering multitudes of mobs!

Kin Lottery - We hold a monthly lottery in the kin, each enrtry costs 50 silver and 30% of the prize fund goes to the Kin Fund for upkeep of kin house and also as prizes for the competitions we hold. There are also 2 rollover slots on each draw to allow for bigger prizes to the winner

Kin Quiz - We hold a monthly quiz to allow members the opportunity to show their knowledge and also win prizes

Crafting nights - This is a new addition to our kin and one that was provided by a new kinnie. Once a week we will meet as a kin at one of the crafting halls, where people can provide mats to our many GM and even some SM Crafters and they can get the armour they have been after or that shiney new sword, or even hope pots and blackberry tarts.

Moria Destroyers Creep Tribe - We have a creep tribe for those times when you want to really relax and kill some freeps We run regular creep nights, check out our events section for more info.

Kin House - A lovely kin house at 4 BrookBank Street, Halldown, Shire Homesteads, a stones throw away from Michel Delving, with its great transport links and its Bank, Auction house and crafting area. The Kin House is set upon a lovely hill with all round views and is directly in front of the homesteads vending area

The main thing we offer is a social community where you will have a laugh as you grind out that XP, also a wealth of LOTRO knowledge exists within our kin, aswell as the awesome crafting abilities.

What we need:

We dont have any weekly attendance requirements, come and play as and when you feel like it, aslong as you login once in a 40 day period we are happy. We are recruiting any level and any class, We also have a minimum age requirement of 18 to join the kin, although before applying you need to ask your self one question..........

"Am I the kind of person who tries very hard to complete quests using advice from others to get the full satisfaction from levelling or am I the kind of person who gives up before trying and expects a high level to drop everything and help me powerlevel?"

If you are the first person then get in touch!! If you are the second then I am afraid our kin is not for you

What to do to join:

If you like what you have read here and on the website then all you need to do is fill out the MD Application Form at the website

If you have any questions feel free to speak to any of the following:

MD Officers

Chipmore - Founder/Webmaster
Oaktree - 2IC/ Kin Raid Leader/Captain mentor
Cailin - Minstrel mentor
Flackadder - Deed & Trait Night Organiser/ Hunter mentor
Rhysi - loremaster Mentor
Westbor

Or any member of the kin you see running around.

Sorry I have whittered on a bit but I wanted to get as much information in here as possible.

Happy hunting

Chip

Last edited by Chipmore; 04-05-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Old 28-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Talking Joined a couple of months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmore

Me:

Hi all,

A little about me I am 29 and married to the lovely Colleen who is also a LOTRO fanatic We are both originally from N.Ireland but currently located in Germany due to me being in the RAF.

My Kin:

We started as a small group of friends from a previous kin together. Today we will hit Rank 7 and will be purchasing our kin house in the Shire Homesteads, an area voted on by the kin members, something we believe strongly in is that the members have a say in all we do, it is after all their kin too! As of today we have 50 real members, not including alts. We cover a large range of levels and classes and have members from the UK but also all over europe.

As a kin we have never rifted because the priority is having a laugh together and enjoying the company as we quest, With the release of MoM we are loving the new instances and really having a great laugh taking part in them. We are not a Raiding kin like some others but we will be taking part in all of the instances as and when a group wants to, there will be no pressure put on anyone to MAKE them do things as other kins do.

Members are encouraged to bring ideas to the table themselves for improving kin life and that works well for us

What we offer:

Website - www.moriadefenders.com - With Forums and lots of other nice little features please check it out and also check out the varied members profiles

Ventrilo Server - We have recently purchased a ventrilo server mainly for when we get into the instances and it has really helped with getting to know each other better.

Trait/Book Nights - Want to complete those painful deeds? We are currently having a deed night each week where kinnies can get together in groups and try having a laugh as they go slaughtering multitudes of mobs!

Kin Lottery - We hold a monthly lottery in the kin, each enrtry costs 50 silver and 30% of the prize fund goes to the Kin Fund for upkeep of kin house and also as prizes for the competitions we hold. There are also 2 rollover slots on each draw to allow for bigger prizes to the winner

Kin Quiz - We hold a monthly quiz to allow members the opportunity to show their knowledge and also win prizes

Crafting nights - This is a new addition to our kin and one that was provided by a new kinnie. Once a week we will meet as a kin at one of the crafting halls, where people can provide mats to our many GM and even some SM Crafters and they can get the armour they have been after or that shiney new sword, or even hope pots and blackberry tarts.

Kin House - A lovely kin house in the Shire Homesteads a stones throw away from Michel Delving, with its great transport links and its Bank, Auction house and crafting area. The Kin House is set upon a lovely hill with all round views and is directly in front of the homesteads vending area

The main thing we offer is a social community where you will have a laugh as you grind out that XP, also a wealth of LOTRO knowledge exists within our kin, aswell as the awesome crafting abilities.

What we need:

Unlike other kins we dont have any attendance requirements, come and play as and when you feel like it. We are recruiting any level and any class although before applying you need to ask your self one question..........

"Am I the kind of person who tries very hard to complete quests using advice from others to get the full satisfaction from levelling or am I the kind of person who gives up before trying and expects a high level to drop everything and help me powerlevel?"

If you are the first person then get in touch!! If you are the second then I am afraid our kin is not for you

What to do to join:

If you like what you have read here and on the website then all you need to do is contact me or any of the officers below in game and they will do the rest:

Chipmore
Cailin
Westbor
Swider
Graywalker
Loxly
Mathelia

Or speak to any member of the Kin you see running around and they will tell you which of their alts an officer is on.

Sorry I have whittered on a bit but I wanted to get as much information in here as possible.

Happy hunting

Chip
Hi All,

I joined couple of months ago i was looking for a kin and Moriadefenders advertised so i signed up. I have found everyone supportive and group quests have been organised in to CD and other places. Everyone has a good hack and much fun is had by all. There is also a kin lotto.

There are a mixture of high lev toons and lower lev/ new toons so there is a board mix of knowledge and advice for if you get stuck.

When there are a few people needing to go on specific quests then often otherís will join in and help.

Balerdor

Old 28-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default me joinin

heya,
I'm in MD for about couple of months now, originally my plan was to leave MD when i was lvl 25 to join DUtch DUnedain, but i decided not to because MD was so much fun. People are helpfull, fun and very kind.
Help for the kin is appreciated as i know myself, since i have been promoted to officer lately.
Now were really gettin some size were trying to get a lot of things going as named above: trait nights, lottery etc.
So i see no reason why not to join

Mathelia

Old 04-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Best Dressed Couple 09

Updated a few bits and pieces too lol

Old 15-12-2008, 05:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Best Dressed Couple 09

Currently recruiting all levels and classes.

As featured on lfkin.net

Moria Defenders Interview

Old 16-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Best Dressed Couple 09

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to all adventurers of Middle-Earth.

Welcome also to all the New people that Christmas brings

Old 24-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Best Dressed Couple 09

Welcome to all of our latest kinnies thanks to these very forums.

Old 30-12-2008, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Best Dressed Couple 09

Happy New Year to all Kins out there!!

Anyone searching for a kin please look us up and come join us for another great year in Middle Earth!!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Best Dressed Couple 09

Big welcome to our latest Kinnies:

Arlthelion
Borothalu
Dose
captainbridge
Deilori
Buckiey
Cromity

I am sure you guys will fly through the recruit period and fit into our group nicely

Old 04-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

to anyone unsure about what kin to join, id suggest giving Moria Defenders a try, they are really noob friendly and have helped me out no end. Plus they have lots of low lvl alts and members (and ofc lots of 60's) in the mix so fellowships and general help is always available

great leadership and lots of activities

great bunch of guys and gals

Join today and recieve a free parker pen.

Thread Closed