Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Fan Sites & News Sites

Fan Sites & News Sites Post and discuss Fan Sites & News Sites here!

Thread Closed
Old 25-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default LOTRoster - a roster application for LOTRO guild websites

Hi,

I am the author of Rostermaster Stand Alone, a web application that allows players of another MMORPG to have a complete roster of their guild members on their website.

I am currently working on adapting it for LOTRO, having it poll all roster data from the data.lotro.com data feeds.

The application will be released under the GPL license, meaning it will be freely available for anyone wishing to install it on their website. Requirements will be to have a website that supports the PHP language, and either a MySQL or PostgreSQL database (while RosterMaster supports saving to a flatfile, I am not sure yet if I will retain this feature in LOTRoster due to the larger amount of data that will be involved versus what RosterMaster had to handle).

In a near future I will be looking for both betatesters and translators. I would like to have people interested in handling the translation for other languages that are supported by LOTRO. Translation mostly consists in editing a single text file containing all the text used by the application, so no technical skills are really needed aside from knowing how to use a text editor I would prefer to have translations handled by people who actually play the game in the same language, so you would be using the same translated words as used by Turbine, not what seems to be the appropriate translation based on your own knowledge of the language.

References:
Official RosterMaster Stand Alone website: http://www.lostrealm.ca/rostermaster
Demo of the current test version of LOTRoster http://www.lostrealm.ca/lotroster

Old 29-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fathomer of Riddles

Sadly I don't think that there is any data feed from the EU servers so I am not sure that your application will work here

Old 29-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

I didn't know that services were different between the American and European servers Sorry.

Old 31-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostermaster View Post
I didn't know that services were different between the American and European servers Sorry.
Yeah so are we, great app btw... but we can only wish for stuff like that over here!

Old 07-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Question for turbine: Are there any plans to change this? I mean, if its possible for the American servers, why not for the European servers?

Question for Rostermaster: Maybe u can contact turbine and ask if u can work with them in order to get the nescessary information? I saw your work and it was pretty nice... good work m8.

I would love to see results on this matter, cause kinship website's are a big part of LOTRO too i think.

Cheers,
Luc aka Belecthor

Old 07-08-2009, 10:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belecthor Astirian View Post
Question for Rostermaster: Maybe u can contact turbine and ask if u can work with them in order to get the nescessary information? I saw your work and it was pretty nice... good work m8.
I'm afraid there's nothing I can do there. Throughout the LOTRoster development I've never been in contact with Turbine - whenever I needed something (such as obtaining a developer key for their data feed), I had to go through someone else who was a LOTRO player since I cannot post to the US forums. Beside, I don't see what help I could be to them - if they were to just re-implement it exactly the same way the US branch of Turbine did, it would be just perfect. So in the end, it will be up to the european players to get in touch with them and try to convince them to offer the same services as offered for the US servers.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Unfortunately in the EU, Turbine will have little say in the matter... it's down to Codemasters whether we get provided with something along these lines. So it essentially boils down to whether Codemasters think it's worth the effort to open up the API's.

And we've tried, it's a subject that's come up on these forums again and again.. all we get from Codemaster's is... our 'systems are different', and 'we're looking into it'.. and then we hear nothing until they say the same again (if they say anything) in the next thread that comes up about the subject.

Thread Closed