Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Service Forums > Game Service News and Announcements

Game Service News and Announcements Get up to the minute news and information regarding the game service.

Thread Closed
Old 31-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
LOTRO Community Officer

A COG representative has posted in this thread Credit Card Processing Issues

We are currently having an issue with our credit card processor. Customers are currently not able to upgrade or buy accounts. We are working with our provider to fix this issue as quickly as possible.

Please note that current players' LOTRO game time will not be interrupted as we’ll make sure that affected players can continue their adventures in Middle-earth until the problem is resolved.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Old 31-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I guess you have some serious issues with the credit card processor as I have tried to purchase triple special pack yesterday from codemaster's site and each time I have tried, I've received a message saying that transaction was unsuccessful. My credit card was the one I have been using for internet purchases all the time so I don't think the problem was on my side.

The bad news are that when I checked my bank account from the internet I found out that I am billed for 5 x Triple Special Packs around 360$ of money(once for each try and fail of unsuccessful transaction messages). Funny thing is I am still shown as a trial account and although I have opened a ticket from the accounts web-site I have not received any answers yet. I am hoping that you'll refund that money back to credit card account(or bank account). Well technically it is ok if you refund 4 of em keeping one as the actual payment and if possible upgrading my trial considering the package I have purchased.

I would also appreciate if you could sent an e-mail to me on what actions to take from now on... I have started the game 3 days ago and honestly I have decided to purchase the game yesterday as I find it superior to any other MMORG on the market. Though I haven't thought that a company like Codemaster with this much reputation, which gained my trust over many years could do something like this. I am hoping that it was a mere mistake and my money will be refunded soon.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

You probarly would get the money back after a few days. the thing is it reserved the amount for me to. Then the money got transfered back.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Any updates Faya??

Tried this morning to upgrade to Mines of Moira and still unsucessfull........

Its a bit disapointing, I have the whole easter bank holiday weekend to play and wont be able to progress the class i want to play

Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Billing Monkey

Morning everybody,
Unfortunately we are still experiencing a problem with our provider this morning. We will continue to ensure that our customers who use credit cards to pay for their subscriptions will not have their adventuring time cut off because they can't pay.

As pointed out above, there is also an issue with customers purchasing upgrades inside the billing system using credit cards. If you have had a problem, then please contact our CS team, and we will sort it out as soon as possible.

Again - we are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and thank you for your patience.

As soon as there is an update on the situation, we will let you know.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Eh, too bad i saw this post too late (only today, when i wanted to update my subsciption and pay for new months) .
I was wondering why i'm getting error message. I tried 3x times, always got error. I hope i won't get charged 3x times, hehe (for now amount on bank account stayed unchanged and didn't take money it was supposed to).

I hope you can fix this today...

Last edited by Stomatolog; 01-04-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

This is getting a bit of a joke now.....

Any news on when this is going to be resolved as I want to get Mirkwood but this is really putting off,
All the other options for paying don't work ether its like you don't want our money

Old 01-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

I've talked with my bank today and they say that the bill is still under provision being blockaded by Codemasters. I guess it it up to your firm to lift the blockade now . I hope it gets resolved in a few days.

For next time if similar issues arise again, I would expect a shutdown of the purchasing web site to avoid such annoying problems. I mean if your system is mulfunctioning why to keep the site up?

Seing an instant -360$ in your bank account for an online game is indeed a shocking moment. And I believe many players have experienced the same issue in the last two days.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)

Been inactive from the game for over 1.5years. Thought i whould check it out again since i stopped playing because i felt it lacked content and had to many bugs. Now i found it really much better and just lvled up to 50.
Wanted to upgrade with the expansion this morning and found this billing issues. I hope you can sort it soon, or i might leave it as i did last time. Really anoying to pay for something 1month a couple of years later and the first thing that happens is that i run into more technical issues. Whould be really glad if you could do any information update on this issue (Faya) with some estimation on when its supposed to be sorted out.
Im gonna stop playing for now since my charracter doesnt get exp.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

When is this problem gonna be fixed? Still can't pay for new game time.
Now my sub is totally closed and can't play. I guess you don't like our money...

Are other paying options also down (PayPal etc)?

Thread Closed