Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Service Forums > Game Service News and Announcements

Game Service News and Announcements Get up to the minute news and information regarding the game service.

Thread Closed
Old 23-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
LOTRO Community Officer

A COG representative has posted in this thread Important announcement: Instances

Please do not log your character off and leave it in an instance for Update 2’s maintenance window tomorrow, as this could cause un-wanted issues for your character due to the changes the Update makes. Thank you for your co-operation.

GER

Wichtige Ankündigung: Instanzen

Bitte loggt für die Wartungsarbeiten nicht aus dem Spiel aus, während euer Charakter noch in einer Instanz ist. Falls ihr dies macht, dann könnte es zu ungewünschten Problemen mit eurem Charakter führen sobald Update 2 live auf den Servern ist. Vielen Dank für eure Kooperation.

FRE

Annonce importante: Instances

S'il vous plaît merci de ne pas rester connecté en jeu en laissant votre personnage dans une instance au cours de la période de maintenance.

Si vous le faites, une fois que la mise à jour numéro deux sera en direct sur les serveurs vous pourriez rencontrer des problèmes non désirés avec votre personnage.

Je vous remercie pour votre coopération.

Last edited by Dnote; 23-03-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Old 23-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

What kind of instances? Private or/and public? Should I move my characters out of the housing areas?

Old 23-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
LOTRO Community Officer

A COG representative has posted in this thread

Hi there!

We're referring to quest instances, so places like the auction house and housing areas should be fine.

Hope that helps!

Old 23-03-2011, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Basically any instance that gives gloom (Watcher, DN, BG).. the removal of the radiance mechanic seems to leave your character with permanent dread if you log out inside one of these instances during the update - and at the moment there is no way to remove this dread until it gets patched.

Old 23-03-2011, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Faya, you shall change the beginning of the French translation of the English message... It does not have the same meaning

"Veuillez s'il vous plaît ne pas vous déconnecter alors que votre personnage est dans une instance avant la mise en place de la mise à jour de demain."

Thank you

Old 23-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think you guys should broadcast this in game before the game boots players.

Old 23-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Now some people will say noooo i can't login at this time and tomorrow is maintenance

Too bad.

Old 24-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Ohh my character was in skirmish instance when i lagged out 2 nights ago, never logged him back in, is that going to cause me problems?

Old 24-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Green Enthusiast

Can someone let us know when we can start to update our clients please?

Old 24-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
Basically any instance that gives gloom (Watcher, DN, BG).. the removal of the radiance mechanic seems to leave your character with permanent dread if you log out inside one of these instances during the update - and at the moment there is no way to remove this dread until it gets patched.
I wish logging out in Rivendell would permanently give us additional hope

Thread Closed