Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Classes > Guardian

Guardian For discussion relating to the Guardian class.

Thread Closed
Old 21-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Location: I would love to say hobbiton, but that simply isnt true
Default Good guardian jewelry?

ok, i consider myself an okay guardian, but my jewelry just suck.
im not the person who just can remember where to go and what to get, so any bright ideas? especially looking for earrings

-Urur

Old 21-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sarenzer

Is currently the best melee earring in the game, drops from NCF tier 2 (NM chest).

Oh, the stats on the Lorebook are completely wrong. Has might/agi/vit/morale/melee crit. It's awesome, trust me

Old 21-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Earrings:

If you feel that your current jewellery is quite bad and you are looking for a quick and easy upgrade you could try this:Item:Thaliollos - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Thaliollos. It's available from Echad Sirion (first Mirkwood camp), has reasonable stats and costs just 15 Malladhrim Bronze Feathers.

If you can afford them or have the means to craft them, you may want to take a look at Item:Glowing Aureate Hoop of Combat - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Glowing Aureate Hoop of Combat. A direct upgrade from the previously listed earing, but harder/more expensive to obtain.

Finally, as the above poster suggested, you may want to aim for Sarenzer, which drops from Northcotton Farm Tier 2 HM (can somebody confirm HM?). It's another direct upgrade to the earings I've linked, but it is the hardest of the three to get. It boasts 225 Morale, 138 Melee Crit and 23 M/A/V.

Perhaps obtaining two of the Mirkwood barter earings for 30 bronze feathers, then running Northcotton Farm for two Sarenzer would be the best option.

There is also this: Item:Certhloch - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Certhloch. It drops from The Mistress in DN, but it is a rare drop and is likely to take much more time to get than the others I have listed.

Rings:

Item:Ril-MÓr - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Ril-MÓr This drops from the last boss in Sammuth Gul HM.

Item:Textured Gold Ring - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Textured Gold Ring This drops from the last boss in Glacier Fortress HM.

Item:Glowing Aureate Band of Morale - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Glowing Aureate Band of Morale A crafted ring.

Item:Ranger's Greenwood Ring - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Ranger's Greenwood Ring Another crafted ring.

Item:Faeringor - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Faeringor Drops from The Mistress in DN. Quite rare.

I consider all of these to be nice options. Mix and match according to your stats.

Braclets:

Item:Angechor (Level 61) - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Angechor (Level 61) Reasonable stats and very easy to obtain (Mirkwood bronze feathers). Might be a good choice for a quick upgrade until you find something better.

Item:Insidious Cuff - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Insidious Cuff Slightly better than the previous braclet. Drops from Igash in Grand Stair HM.

Item:Linked Emerald Bracelet - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Linked Emerald Bracelet Drops from the first boss in Glacier Fortress Tier 2 (Can somebody confirm HM?). Linked stats are wrong, but it offers 56A, 23M and 225 Morale. A nice item if you stack too much Vitality.

Item:Lorechor - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Lorechor A rare drop from Flagit in DN.

Item:Amethyst Gold Silver Bracelet - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Amethyst Gold Silver Bracelet Drops from the last boss in Northcotton Farm Tier 2 HM.

Pocket:

Item:Miniature Brass Anvil - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Miniature Brass Anvil Drops from the last boss in Halls of Crafting HM. Insanely rare and difficult to obtain, but I consider this to be the best pocket item currently.

Item:Black Pearl - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Black Pearl Drops in The Vile Maw. Another extremely nice item.

Item:Ranger's Token of Battle - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Ranger's Token of Battle Requires Kindred with the Grey Company. Quite nice, but I prefer Anvil personally.

Item:Guard's Charm - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Guard's Charm A worse version of Miniature Brass Anvil, but it is easy to obtain and may prove to be a nice item to use until you can earn a better one.

Necklace:

Item:Star Necklace - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Star Necklace Final boss in Lost Temple (I cannot confirm Tier 1 or Tier 2). Stats shown are wrong. Offers 56 M, 23A and 225 morale.

Item:Thalionhigil - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Thalionhigil A nice all-round piece of jewellery and easy to obtain. Costs 15 Malladhrim Bronze Feathers in Ost Galadh.

Item:Warrior's Greenwood Necklace - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Warrior's Greenwood Necklace Crafted piece, always found on the auction hall. Nice stats.

Item:Glowing Aureate Strand of Might - LOTRO Lorebook, Item DB: - Items - Glowing Aureate Strand of Might Nice stats. One of few pieces to offer Evade Rating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are other options available but these are all I could remember at the moment. Hope it helps!

Last edited by FARRADAN; 21-05-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Old 21-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

I agree with Farradan choices, but if I were you I would rather stack skirmish marks and third marks to get some of the new jewellery which will be available with update 3 in two weeks.

Some of these items are just too strong. You certainly don't want to grind for jewellery which will be obsolete in two weeks.

Sarenzer is the only unaffected piece of jewellery from what I've seen.

Edit: the price is steep, to get all the pieces (neck, pocket, 2 rings and 2 wrist) you will need 14.5k marks, 5 third marks and 2 veteran third marks, plus the relevant campaign marks. Some of these will be given while earning the campaign marks, but I guess that you will have to run more skirmishes so you better get started now.

Last edited by Gillosi; 21-05-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Old 23-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

well, i dont think the new jewelry will totally replace all existing jewels. Necklace and pocket from OD remain better, new bracelets give more vitality (personally i dont need more) but less agility than the linked emerald bracelet. Only melee ring gives better stats than faeringor and i think i would replace only that.

Old 24-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konnidis View Post
well, i dont think the new jewelry will totally replace all existing jewels. Necklace and pocket from OD remain better, new bracelets give more vitality (personally i dont need more) but less agility than the linked emerald bracelet. Only melee ring gives better stats than faeringor and i think i would replace only that.
So your advice to a beginner guard just reaching the level cap is to run OD in T2 HM a dozen of times to get the rare drops there ? Well, I believe that this is a very poor advice.

Comparing to FARRADAN's list (which is mostly made of easy to get jewellery), there will soon be a ring better than ril-mir, a wrist better than angechor, a pocket better than the black pearl and a necklace better than the mirkwood necklace. This a not a question of taste, just a straight comparison of the stats of these items.

Old 24-05-2011, 05:43 AM   #7 (permalink)

Location: I would love to say hobbiton, but that simply isnt true

it should be said that im no "begginer guard" mor of a "lazy guard who never grinded instances to get 1 drop"

my current setup is: (if i can remember correctly)
Earring: some crap crafted one (and not crafted like in glowing aureate)
Ring: Rill-Mir
Ring: Faeringor
Necklace: one of the crafted Malendhrim ones
Pocket item: Lothlorien protectors locket
Bracelet: Lothlorien protector manacle
Bracelet: Amethyst silver bracelet (the one from NCF, with reflect or negate on it)

EDIT - And neither have i just reached level cap, been on 65 since 2 weeks after SoM release.

Old 24-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

well, i was talking about good guardian jewelry or the best set up imo. Probably poor advice for a beginner or a casual player. My apologies...

Old 24-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urur Ironshield View Post
it should be said that im no "begginer guard" mor of a "lazy guard who never grinded instances to get 1 drop"
Well it helps if you mention it, so we can be acurate.

Quote:
my current setup is: (if i can remember correctly)
Pocket item: Lothlorien protectors locket
Bracelet: Lothlorien protector manacle
This is what needs be changed first. Get two Sarenzer from T2 NCF, and stockpile some skirmish marks for the pocket and the bracelet. Then you will most likely change the necklace and finally the rings. If you happen to run OD, keep your eyes open for T2 jewellery.

Old 24-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillosi View Post
This is what needs be changed first. Get two Sarenzer from T2 NCF, and stockpile some skirmish marks for the pocket and the bracelet. Then you will most likely change the necklace and finally the rings. If you happen to run OD, keep your eyes open for T2 jewellery.
There is absolutely no need for him to change the necklace. He has the Malledhrim crafted one which compared to the new necklace has -8 might and all other stats exactly the same. Many guards have might already on cap, so I don't think more is needed. And even if they don't have it capped. 4.5k skirmish marks for +8 might? No, thank you.

As for the others 2x Sarenzer and 2x the new bracelet + ring set will probably be the best jewellery for guardian after the update. The pocket can be chosen depending on other stats you need. Some may go for Sailor's Charm, while others may go for Forgotten jewel if they have some other source of melee defence.

Thread Closed