Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Classes > Lore-master

Lore-master For discussion relating to the Lore-master class.

Thread Closed
Old 15-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New LM solo challenges

With the new content, the debuffs working again and the old instances revamped, I was wondering what new challenges there are for LMs to solo now.

Has anyone solod any of the bosses of the school/library/annuminas yet? Or are there any quests in the new region that are a true challenge soloing?

I had alot of fun soloing the questchain from the dwarf up on the mountain where you had to kill Gwiber and the giants. Especially the second chain of those quests were nice to do. The four ME giants all had different mechanics which made soloing them alot of fun fun. Also the two drakes were a great challenge, especially the (second) one that spawns those lava pools under your feet.

So, what have you done, or what would you think to be possible, but haven't you done yet?

Last edited by Beradon; 15-11-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Grammar

Old 15-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

You won't solo Glinghant or Haudh Valandil or Ost Elendil (and probably all others) HM because the mechanics of the end boss look like requiring more than one body to do the work. With the pet buffs when the update happens then maybe, with careful work, you might just do Library, but in a recent trip there best level poison pots did not work well on the big poison hits form the Pale Folk. We have actually /bug ed this as a GM checked logs and wanted it reported as the Burglar poison removal skill had the same problem. I think the same will apply to all other HMs. NM, who knows? They are all dps fests against multiple mobs so I'd be very wary of trying, but Library might have the best success chance. I gave this some thought while running it and you would need to throw HM at the start by killing all the courtyard birds beforehand.

At present I have a bit of a view that not making HM means its worth considering bailing out, you wont get the special mark and are then hoping for a lucky drop, whcih could be a waste of time, although Thadur has been very generous recently.

Are the debuffs now WAI? I thought that was coming in the next patch. I've not noticed a lot of mobs suddenly hitting like girls.

BTW, for Library Sabretooth, tar and ISG are the fun way to get rid of the birds at the end, seeing a big cat chasing a flock of burning crebain is a wonderful sight:-)

Old 16-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
Are the debuffs now WAI?
Yes, they are.

Old 16-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fathomer of Riddles

That nemesis Gwiber is fun

Old 20-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

I solod library at level 65, was easyer then I thought I'll try school next, but I doubt that last boss will be possible.

Old 21-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beradon View Post
I solod library at level 65, was easyer then I thought I'll try school next, but I doubt that last boss will be possible.
Is thatt the new style library?

I've tried it recently loaded to the gunnels with anything to buff poison resists and still die of poison due to pot cd issues. I could go very slowly and let WOTC cool down between pulls but life it too short..

As has been said before, at best, when mobs spam an effect, resistance buffs stave off the inevitable.

I'm prepared to give it as shot again some time, and hope for good fortune.

Old 21-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just either pull with ents (kill everything before it gets to you) or root/CE if you want to play it safe.
Haven't tried school yet. You can't kite the last boss there because of his shout when you are at range so it could be interesting.

Old 21-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

There are only certain pale-folk that give the big posions. Learn which ones to take out, make sure to have a good plan, and the pulls are hard, but survivable. I died once during the pale-folks pulls, and survived once on 5 morale. The bosses itself are quite doable, althought the mezzing boss does hit very hard.

Old 21-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beradon View Post
There are only certain pale-folk that give the big posions. Learn which ones to take out, make sure to have a good plan, and the pulls are hard, but survivable. I died once during the pale-folks pulls, and survived once on 5 morale. The bosses itself are quite doable, althought the mezzing boss does hit very hard.
I have never yet learned which Pale Folk do the big poison, any tips? Ents, CE and ISG account for most of them but its when a couple get through it goes all pear shaped:-)

Old 22-11-2010, 06:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

I traited eagle, ISG, and two random traits that weren't really worth it. Focus on the "blade" pale folk, they are the ones giving the huge posions. The other pale folks are annoying, but not dangerous. Just make sure those blades never get in melee range. Pull with cracked earth, herb lore the ones not effected, sticky gourd on those who have a delayed root. Then focus dps on the blade palefolk untill they are down. Tar works v well here. Once the blade palefolk are down, the rest is easy to kill.

Took me a while to find out too though that's how I died once.

Thread Closed