Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 08-12-2010, 02:30 PM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Eldamir Stoutoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorthor >
1. Creep is VIP exclusive, so paying customers only.
2. Please don't base opinion on PVP balance on a greendot, in even numbers at higher ranks (which don't take that long to get.) creeps have the advantage in certain situations, and freeps vice versa.
3. Solo creeps > Freeps for the majority of classes.
1. I know its is, it was a figure of speech. Freeps have to pay as FTP has a L40 cap doesn't it? It did have teh last time I looked anyway.
2. Im not, my point was greendots are honey to freeps. The second part of your point I don't agree with at all. An RK, LM or Mini can do 6 hits of 3-5k damage straight away. Even a high rank creep is toast on a 1 to 1 here.
3. I'm sorry that is absolute rubbish.

Last edited by Eldamir Stoutoak; 08-12-2010 at 02:49 PM.
 
Old 08-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Eorthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom Server: Snowbourn
Posts: 4,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldamir Stoutoak View Post
1. I know its is, it was a figure of speech. Freeps have to pay as FTP has a L40 cap doesn't it? It did have teh last time I looked anyway.
2. Im not, my point was greendots are honey to freeps. The second part of your point I don't agree with at all. An RK, LM or Mini can do 6 hits of 3-5k damage straight away. Even a high rank creep is toast on a 1 to 1 here.
3. I'm sorry that is absolute rubbish. And when do you ever get a 1v1?
1. Level 65 is the cap for F2P players.

2. Greendots are as much honey to freeps as badly geared (as in, quest gear) and badly traited (as in r4 and 5) freeps are to creeps. *Shrug* and secondly, no they can't RK's can do 1 hit of 3k+ every 30 seconds, and to get that they need to crit/dev crit depending on self buffs, self buffs of which apply with a 15% chance or so.

Minstrels can hit 2k+ with one or two skills, and 1k+ with two others, one of which is a melee range skills, and again, they all need to dev crit, with around a 3% chance of that happening.

LM's, same as minstrels.

in raid fights, as long as your raid isn't filled with ranks 0-3 then creeps stand a very good chance, which is proven weekly, in certain situations creeps will wipe the floor with freeps, in keep corridor's assuming freeps have a lot of LM's and Champs it's definatley in freep favour due to the superior AoE.

3. It's really not up for debate,
Hunters are food for practically every creep class at rank 7+
Champs are Reaver and Warg food there's a few exceptions in well played champs, but on a whole it's not even a fair fight.
RK's can easily be beaten by wargs and weavers,
Captains can't kill anything due to lack of snare's so even if they could kill something solo, it can easily run away.

Burgs with Cooldown's are a real challenge now due to not being able to be CC'd, but even then high ranked weavers could stand a good chance.

Defilers are the Wardens of creepside and both classes are nigh on unkillable, assuming Wardens go Shield spec, but even then Spiders do stand a good chance due to having decent enough CC mixed with a good power drain.

---------------------

I'm not saying freeps are underdogs, as they certainly aren't, but to claim that strength is in freep favour is laughable as creeps are in a very good place now, if you wanted to see creeps as underdogs you should of played back in '07 when reaver's didn't have charge, and freeps could perma mez creeps.

Last edited by Eorthor; 08-12-2010 at 02:57 PM.
 
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Eldamir Stoutoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorthor View Post
2. Greendots are as much honey to freeps as badly geared (as in, quest gear) and badly traited (as in r4 and 5) freeps are to creeps. *Shrug* and secondly, no they can't RK's can do 1 hit of 3k+ every 30 seconds, and to get that they need to crit/dev crit depending on self buffs, self buffs of which apply with a 15% chance or so.
Sorry, as you've probably realised I'm pretty new at this, I was just speaking from the initial experience I had with running into RKs and such, I'm not really into the ruleplay side. Anyway, I've checked it out and IMHO RKs are the most unbalanced class in PvP.

They can spam Ceaseless for 200-800 dmg on no cd.
Crit for 1k on at least 4 skills.
Potentially crit upwards 2-7k+ on EC.
Blizzard debuffs healing -25% in an AoE.
They have an AoE daze/damage skill
They have a PBAE 50% snare
They have a 70% snare which tiers down to a 30% snare and resets duration. (Still a large snare)
And a short cd melee daze.
RKs can also chain rez out of combat

My estimation on DPS is around 1000-1400 damage per second. When trying.

>Mechwarrior<
 
Old 03-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laurelin
Posts: 960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldamir Stoutoak View Post
Sorry, as you've probably realised I'm pretty new at this, I was just speaking from the initial experience I had with running into RKs and such, I'm not really into the ruleplay side. Anyway, I've checked it out and IMHO RKs are the most unbalanced class in PvP.

They can spam Ceaseless for 200-800 dmg on no cd.
Crit for 1k on at least 4 skills.
Potentially crit upwards 2-7k+ on EC.
Blizzard debuffs healing -25% in an AoE.
They have an AoE daze/damage skill
They have a PBAE 50% snare
They have a 70% snare which tiers down to a 30% snare and resets duration. (Still a large snare)
And a short cd melee daze.
RKs can also chain rez out of combat

My estimation on DPS is around 1000-1400 damage per second. When trying.

>Mechwarrior<
lol at the copying
Numbers don't say anything about OPness.
Mechwarrior's point was that RKs get too strong in big groups, not solo.
 
Old 04-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tingilinde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wandering around Server: Laurelin
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turukano View Post
lol at the copying
Numbers don't say anything about OPness.
Mechwarrior's point was that RKs get too strong in big groups, not solo.
and the snare duration isn't reset but they do hit more then 200-800 with CA, more like 300-1200
 
Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Default How to play

How to play with MONSTER ???
 
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laurelin
Posts: 960
Default

1) Subscribe to the game (Become VIP)
2) Press the Monsterplay button on the Character Selection Screen
 
Thread Closed

Bookmarks


As per 31.05.2011. All times are UTC.