Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halbarz >
added a post about flags in the ettenmoors.
-EC and OC flag ( elf camp adn orc camp )
-TOl flag
-Keep flags ( TR and LUG )

next update will be a new map added with more details from good places to quest and etc.
I'd hate to be the sceptic here but wouldn't that just lead to Freeps camping these spots?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)

well good point maby.
thx again, never tought about it so far lol

i will just add a map with the next things then on it
-gramsfoot
-isendeep
-lugazag
-tirth raw
-tol ascaren
-lumber camp
-glan vraig
-ost ringdyr
-dar gazag
-the places of the outpost
-sout bridge of tol and west bridge of tol.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

atm conj are updated with info.

map update is still in progress.

Old 19-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

I see a lot of creeps that think they can only get destiny points (DP's) in three fashions:

Killing An
Taking an outpost
Killing slugs

There are countless other ways, many much faster/safer for a green ring.
So if the freeps are to plentyfull around EC, and no one wants to take outposts, here's a few other ways of getting "easy" DP's.

Need this map: http://www.pooh.cz/upload/img/1000/l...nmoors-map.jpg

Stone trolls:

Start at Grams, then move downwards to DG on the ridge (not in the valley). There's two sets of trolls to be found on the way there.
After these four trolls, you move East-South-East, towards the River Outpost (not on the map), on the east side of this you find 2 more trolls. From here you move east along the river, to collect 2 more single trolls, and end up at OC where you'll find 2 trolls behind it.
From there you move NW to Lug, and below Lug in a small valley, you find 2 more trolls.

From here you can either go back to the River Outpost (they spawn very fast), or go to Lug to get the quest. You get the troll stone quest from the orc on the first floor (in the stairs).
Otherwise go to River outpost, then OC, then Lug, etc... and do this triangle.

When you have around 20-30 slabs, you should go to Lug and get the quest, and then go to TR and get the other troll quest (also first floor in the stairs).

Grant you 500 DP per quest, easially able to make 1000 DP's for 30-40 mins work.

Grimwood:

When the stone trolls are on a timer, you can collect wood for the quests in Lumber Camp (LC).
Best place to start is on the southern end of Hoarhallow, plenty of wood there.
Then move east, collecting as you go, all the way to LC.
From here you move NW to the shore, where there trolls at night, collect wood, and move west along the shore back to HH.

They're slow to respawn... so might have to wait a bit for more wood.

3 wood quests for 500 DP each, takes quite a while though to collect enough (1-1 hour).

Golloval and the eagles

At night you can go up to ID, and get the Golloval quest.
Go to Golloval (on map), and start pulling eagles. If you can solo them, fine. If not pull them to the trolls.
Can be tricky when you've cleared a few eagles, as they somtimes de-agro on their way down there.

Finally you only have Golloval left (and maybe 1 more eagle).
Pull him, and keep him in combat all the way to the 3 trolls.
From here it's down to luck... the trolls will hit Golloval, and send him flying away, sometimes out of his agro-zone, so he de-agroes... but normally all goes well and the trolls kill him.

Keep killing eagles for the feathers, and when you have 30-40 feathers, return to Isen.

750 DP for killing Gol, 500 for handing in 20 feathers at Isen, and 250 for 10 feathers at TR.
If you have plenty of time, you can collect 75 feather and give them to Caragdal.

Old 22-05-2009, 09:48 PM   #25 (permalink)
Teg

Form a raid and take keeps, 2k DP each keep taken.
I have about 600k DP and I have done almost only keep raid quests (got every map of ettens in this way too).
If you do this you can get also infamy and fun, leave the PvE to freeps.

Old 25-05-2009, 05:11 AM   #26 (permalink)

@spivo thx for the post, i added it ^^

@teg yea keeps are great to retake i only hate ID always to lazy to run / map to the place

Old 26-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #27 (permalink)

Very nice map of Ettenmoors:
http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/...mapv076163.jpg
From this thread at US forums:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=160121

Old 26-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateuszzzzzz View Post
that map is outdated , it still has Hotspots on it

Old 27-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceciceror View Post
that map is outdated , it still has Hotspots on it
Thats true. Its still best EM map i have seen. I shows lots of useful information (particular map port places, spawns of different mobs etc) and even if hot spots are no more people (if you can call creeps people) still call ceirtain places 'hotspots' so info where they were could be useful for someone just starting.

Old 28-05-2009, 12:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateuszzzzzz View Post
Thats true. Its still best EM map i have seen. I shows lots of useful information (particular map port places, spawns of different mobs etc) and even if hot spots are no more people (if you can call creeps people) still call ceirtain places 'hotspots' so info where they were could be useful for someone just starting.
yes thats idd true.. in my raids there still referred to old tr cp , etc etc

Closed Thread