Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 16-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default a creep guide.

as because i lost the password of the account "halbarz" the account where the post was made on, i will copy posate it and keep it updated on this account.
sorry for the late responds, will start updating asap.

Greetings all.
on request of some other creeps on other servers i post this in this section haswell.
i hope it can help, just add the link into a shortcut ingame and post in your ooc.
Since we all know the situation of pvp atm, i make this post so we can avoid giving people free renown.
Lately we seen a lot of new creeps playing, and I think most have no idea what its all about, and I also think many like us don’t like to die because of the CC and insane dps of a freep.

check this out if you want to see what creeps are and howe it works in a movie, and choice your side you wanne fight with and what side you want to kill, be powerfull be strong join the creep side and lets own (sounds good imo btw)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHok4JqTRbQ
read the post under here and start your creep.

Dont know what class you should take ?http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Monster_Play_Classes

A new creep.

Welcome to the ettenmoors.
When you login, you start in gramsfoot.
(When you open your bags you have a crude map to it ((1 hour Cooldown)).
The first thing you should do is getting the map to gramsfoot with only 1 min cooldown, you get it from the orc called UGLASH you accept all his quest and explore all keeps.( for this quest you dont need to be in a raid, but on defeat some of your quest for the map might reset and you have to pick them backup at gramsfoot )
If you don’t know where all keep are here is a map of the ettenmoors.
http://www.pooh.cz/upload/img/1000/l...nmoors-map.jpg this can help completing the quest faster, you earn some good starting DP with it.
Gift from the War-tyrant (1 of 6)
Report to Dar-Gazag, Maggot
Into the Grimwood
Get to Grothum, Maggot
Report to Lugazag
To Tirith Rhaw
To Tol Ascarnen

After completing you visit WAR- TYRANT AKULHUN, and you get 500 DP + the 1 min cooldown map to grams.
Accept the quest from him, always handy.

Now you got +-2000 DP what to do with it?
Visit the monster play trainer, and learn all your passives that you can atm.

After you did that, you can go kill freeps what I don’t really advice.
Or you can do some quest for DP:
-capture a outpost quest 2000 DP ( you accept at war-tyrant akulhun )
-poison the hoardale river ( you accept at war-tyrant akulhun )
-collect slug meat quest ( you can get inside GRAMSFOOT)
-Visit dar gazag, there are some quest there where you have to collect stuff from hoarhallow. ( rat-town)
-Or if people are taking a keep you can get 2K dp too if you got the quest for it ( just be inside / around the keep to get the 2k DP)
-Marshall AN (counter assault quest) you accept it in ORC- CAMP gives 2k DP too.

Stone trolls:

Start at Grams, then move downwards to DG on the ridge (not in the valley). There's two sets of trolls to be found on the way there.
After these four trolls, you move East-South-East, towards the River Outpost (not on the map), on the east side of this you find 2 more trolls. From here you move east along the river, to collect 2 more single trolls, and end up at OC where you'll find 2 trolls behind it.
From there you move NW to Lug, and below Lug in a small valley, you find 2 more trolls.

From here you can either go back to the River Outpost (they spawn very fast), or go to Lug to get the quest. You get the troll stone quest from the orc on the first floor (in the stairs).
Otherwise go to River outpost, then OC, then Lug, etc... and do this triangle.

When you have around 20-30 slabs, you should go to Lug and get the quest, and then go to TR and get the other troll quest (also first floor in the stairs).

Grant you 500 DP per quest, easially able to make 1000 DP's for 30-40 mins work.

Grimwood:

When the stone trolls are on a timer, you can collect wood for the quests in Lumber Camp (LC).
Best place to start is on the southern end of Hoarhallow, plenty of wood there.
Then move east, collecting as you go, all the way to LC.
From here you move NW to the shore, where there trolls at night, collect wood, and move west along the shore back to HH.

They're slow to respawn... so might have to wait a bit for more wood.

3 wood quests for 500 DP each, takes quite a while though to collect enough (1-1˝ hour).

Golloval and the eagles

At night you can go up to ID, and get the Golloval quest.
Go to Golloval (on map), and start pulling eagles. If you can solo them, fine. If not pull them to the trolls.
Can be tricky when you've cleared a few eagles, as they somtimes de-agro on their way down there.

Finally you only have Golloval left (and maybe 1 more eagle).
Pull him, and keep him in combat all the way to the 3 trolls.
From here it's down to luck... the trolls will hit Golloval, and send him flying away, sometimes out of his agro-zone, so he de-agroes... but normally all goes well and the trolls kill him.

Keep killing eagles for the feathers, and when you have 30-40 feathers, return to Isen.

750 DP for killing Gol, 500 for handing in 20 feathers at Isen, and 250 for 10 feathers at TR.
If you have plenty of time, you can collect 75 feather and give them to Caragdal.

These are some quests that are easy to find a group for in the ettenmoors / to do solo.
And you earn money from.
Buy some Odorous Salts pots removes stuns and dazes and Solvents of Painful Freedom pots removes roots, these make your chance of survival bigger.

Maps
the following keeps have maps: lugazag (lug), tirt raw (tr) , tol ascarenen (tol), lumbercamp (lc) and Isendeep mine (ID) .
you got a crude map = 10 quest
poor map = 25 quest
good map = 50 quest
all quest are easy and actauly solo able.
tol crude map is a very handy map to start with because it brings you to the center of the map and to a safe place. tol maps are the eassist to get.

NOTE: THE QUEST TO KILL THE MAYOR AND COLLECT SEEDS IN HOARHALLOW DO COUNT FOR THE LUGAZAG MAP DEED !!!
Ranking
You rank by killing freeps.
Has green ring or blue ring don’t try to solo freeps if they are high level.
Like i said before try to be at least blue ring before starting killing freeps so you are abit more protected also buy those pots!!
This is the amount you need for your rank .
note this is when book 7 is live
1 - 500
2 - 1250
3 - 2750
4 - 5750
5 - 14750
6 - 33500
7 - 71000
8 - 146000
9 - 258500
10 - 408500
11 - 633500
12 - 1008500
13 - 1608500
14 - 2508500
15 - 3708500

Skills of a creep .
Creeps have just like freeps passive, active skills and traits.

Passive skills:
-They are the skills that buff your creep in morale, power, and damage, evade and resistance against CC in the ettenmoors.
-If you hit rank 3 and you got all your passive skills you get the signature status (red ring like an elite) you will see the differents if you got your passives ort not.
-At rank 5 you start to get passive regen skills these are important has well but you will have collected enough DP to buy them + other skills.

Active skills:
Every class has skills that are more important in the start.
Every rank you get new active skills.
After you learned the passives of a rank (rank 0-3) you learn your actives.

Traits: you got corruption traits, class, and race and appearance traits, for some of the traits teh standard one is at the monsterplay trainer, you can upgrade by doing runs to DoF.

Corruption traits = it’s the build of your creep how you want to be morale build? Damage builds? …? Example: damage for morale = -5% damage for +10% morale
You also got these traits for mitigations.
Example = - 250 common mitigation for +250 ancient dwarf mitigation ( advanced trait are sold at the npc called " KRUR ( core corruption trader)"

Class traits = these traits improve your class.
Example: +25% healing or +900 armour value …
Think before spending DP on them or ask here / in the OOC / advice channel.

Racial traits = rank 5+ you can get racial traits these you get from killing mini bosses in dof ( delving of fror) and normal mobs in there they drop stones glimmering, dull and luminous stones, at your racial barter NPC ( uruk , orc , warg , spider) you can get skills / buff on your char ( creep)
Example imposing presence = a uruk buff skill (racial)

for more info about delving of fror visit : http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/DoF

Appearance: the most useless trait there is.
Buy them if you got everything els needed / you wanted on your rank, they just give a new look to your creep but don’t give any buffs / improvements to your creep.

Last edited by lyvins; 06-11-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Old 16-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

conjuctions. (only on npcs after the F2P patch)
Spirit (Purple) will drain a couple hundred morale from the target, and give it to the Creep at very nearly a 1-1 ratio. In Named CJs, those started with Purple will apply a Fear-resist debuff to the target (-will -fate). The strength of the debuff will depend on if it's cureable or not. Cureable = Stronger debuff, uncureable = weaker debuff.

Troll (Red) will do equal amounts of damage to Freep-side Red, and be instant damage. In Named CJs, those started with Red will apply some Wound-resist debuffs (-agi - might, or -avoidences), and be AoE with a PUNCH. Again, the strength of the debuff depends on cureable/uncureable status.

Yellow(Whatever creature name it is) will drain a minor-to-moderate amount of power, and apply a hefty power over time restore to the Creep. In Named CJs those started with Yellow will apply the PoTR to ALL the Creeps that took part in the CJ (Yes, even if they DIDN'T go yellow. Scandlous, I know), and will apply a VERY hefty PoTR (SPAM HEAL NOW PLEASE) in the longer CJs. Also the CHANCE (since the PoTR is strong enough, make it a 50/50 chance) of applying some -vit -power disease on the target.

Spider (Green) will apply a Poison DoT to the target, PROBABLY uncureable like the Freep wound DoTs are (if memory serves, but I've never been able to pot out of the damn'd things yet). In Named CJs, those started with Green will apply a very rough DoT to the target, and also apply a -agi -resist debuff to the target.

Crowd Control

Root and daze effects will now share diminishing returns. This means that dazes and roots will be considered the same effect in terms of consecutive applications for diminishing returns. As an example: When a player dazes another player, then roots him, the root will be considered the second application in terms of diminishing returns.

The new root/daze diminishing return duration progression for each application of root/daze is as follows:
First application = 50% of the root/daze's duration
Second application = 25% of the root/daze's duration
Third and subsequent applications = 5% of the root/daze's duration

Diminishing return durations for stun effects have been reduced to address issues with crowd control in PvMP combat. The duration progression for each application of stun is as follows:
First application = 100% of the stun's duration
Second application = 50% of the stun's duration
Third application = 25% of the stun's duration
Fourth and subsequent applications = 1 second stun duration

Diminishing return durations for fear effects have been reduced to address issues with crowd control in PvMP combat. The duration progression for each application of fear is as follows:
First application = 100% of the fear's duration
Second application = 50% of the fear's duration
Third application = 25% of the fear's duration
Fourth and subsequent applications = 1 second fear duration

The diminishing returns grace period is 45 seconds.

Diminishing returns are applied on the individual being attacked with crowd control (not on the attacker). This means that multiple players attacking the target with the same type of crowd control will also have their crowd control affected by diminishing returns for that target. As an example:

1) Player A stuns Player B
2) Player A stuns Player B again.
3) The second stun from Player A has a diminished duration on Player B.
2) Player C stuns Player B after Player A’s second stun.
3) Player C’s stun will have diminished duration on Player B. It is counted as the third application of stun.

Flags

-Oc ( orc camp and EC ( elf camp) flag when captured bring them to LUg or TR ( if there are in your factions control) to add npc's to the flag room in a keep.
- the Flag room inside TR and LUG : now you can camp the flag so long you want, as long the CG ( captain genera) isnt defeated you cant take the flag, this flag claims the keep freep or creep.
-Flag on TOl stairs when the faction that is attacking tol takes teh flag and brings it too Hoarhallow(freeps) or grothum (creeps) you get support by hobbits (freeps) and by goblins (creeps)

Raids
Raids are a great way to get DP, and infamy.
Always make sure you got voice enable: OPTIONS => audio => voice enable
Also make sure you got raid assist target on : press O => raid => raid assist window
And ofc listen to the leader (orders) stay in group and don’t slack behind.

open raids
-open raids can be found in the social panel ( press O)
- press the TAB "open groups"
- select the group you want to join, mostly a note is added to

wargpacks
when you see WP in chat it means wargpack haswell, just to let you know.
wargpacks:
-the point of wargpacks is to be sneaky , fast , and teamwork.
-they move fast and kill fast they are the assasins of the ettenmoors.
-mostly the raid leader works togehter with the wargpack to take a keep or in big fights.
-make sure you got the instealth speed trait + the other trait to move faster.
-for the rest the same stuff has in a raid ( Rat , lissen to orders , stay in group)

communication.
ingame channels :
/ooc open channel for random chat or questions.
/advice advice channel but we use OOC for everything actauly.
/ra raid chat
/f or /g is fellowship or group chat
/tell >name< private telling a person.
/tr tribe chat ( creep kinship )

Unwritten rules.
these are rules you dont have to follow, but make pvmp more fun for everybody, and alot of people pay respect to these.
- no graveyard camping
- no grams camping or glan vraig camping ( if freeps camp gramsfoot just gank them same way for freeps then at GV)
- prevent corpsjumping
-dont gank people if there is a peacefull thing going on.

some people have no prob with these things , some hate it when people camp and etc, so keep i might would you like it, if they would do it to you ?

these are just the basic unwritten rules, would be nice if people respect them more.

A great way to get in good contact with your server is useing the forum thread of your servers pvp.

More usefull links:
A tutorial to LOTRO Monster play (PvMP)
The Art of Stalking - A guide for wargs: The Art of Stalking - A guide for wargs

THIS WILL BE UPDATED WHEN MORE LINKS ARE BEEN GIVEN? ALSO NOTE THAT THIS GUIDE AND THE GUIDES IN THE LINKS WILL BE UPDATED AS THE ETTENMOORS CHANGES ALL THE TIME!!
end
I think this where the basics to start a creep, if you got any adds for this post pls PM on the forum.
And I will look into it.

i will try to set up fights and training groups if needed / wanted and post it in this section.

Regards halbarz aka lyvins/kealia .

Last edited by lyvins; 06-11-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Old 16-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

server threads: EN
laurelin:
Burning the world tree: Freeps and Creeps of Laurelin
evernight:
Ultimate Evernight Thread: Evernight Strikes Back
eldar:
http://community.codemasters.com/for...-part-3-a.html
snowbourn:
Freeps and Creeps of Snowbourn
gilrain:
Ongoing Ettenmoors discussion
Withywindle:
Poisoning the Stream: Freeps and Creeps of Withywindle

as i have it busy today, i update this thread with the german and french threads also ( feel free to message me them in a forum mail) as i have to translate with google other wise to find the thread :P )

Last edited by lyvins; 06-11-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Old 16-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

if you got any adds or comment pls pm or post, flaming is not needed here so dont do it thank you for reading and i wish the best of luck.
if you want this post in your server section just post your server here and i place it

Old 16-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

update:
-crowd control has been added + info about it.
-changed a few things with SoM been launched
-changed some typo's

please be free to ask stuff / give idea's of things you would like to see added!!

Old 17-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the guide.
I'm sure it will help a lot of new players and new creep players.

Old 20-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

A very good guide, thank you!

Old 20-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

All those different text colors hurt my eyes.
Good guide though.

Old 21-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laphor View Post
All those different text colors hurt my eyes.
Good guide though.
Agree :}}

Cane

Old 22-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyvins View Post
Unwritten rules.
these are rules you dont have to follow, but make pvmp more fun for everybody, and alot of people pay respect to these.
- no graveyard camping
- no grams camping or glan vraig camping ( if freeps camp gramsfoot just gank them same way for freeps then at GV)
- prevent corpsjumping
-dont gank people if there is a peacefull thing going on.

some people have no prob with these things , some hate it when people camp and etc, so keep i might would you like it, if they would do it to you ?

these are just the basic unwritten rules, would be nice if people respect them more.
It's all lies. There would be no pvp if you all followed these rules. For maximum infamy gain, break these as much as possible. Also pis*ing off your opponent is main element in pvmp and as some people take corpesejumping personally, you should do it to ultimate extend. 1on1 area is ultimately great infamy source as there people are blinded by unwritten rules and forget that it's all just pvp zone. However remember to be careful not to reveal your freep name should you do this repeatedly.

If there is any respect for you to remain after doing these things, do them solo. In groups there is nothing you gain, except low infamy

Thread Closed