Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 19-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

I only use it as a healing pot, which sums up how broken this skill is.

I would much rather have the old skill back, I did not create a weaver to play a (poorly designed) pet class.

Old 19-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg View Post
I only use it as a healing pot, which sums up how broken this skill is.
except it runs about 50% of the speed of your weaver so by the time it has caught up with you the heal is useless. I guess its ok in the pew pew wtab staring match.

Old 23-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

bring back the old babies!

Dammit the new one is terrible! DPS worse than a slug, no dot, no fear, a single spider cant do enough mess for an induction class as three babies could, dps is 3x less, debuss are ****ty. The only good thing is a heal, hence i keep my pet passive all the time, following me just toget consumed when i want it. Also the good thing is that we can quickly regen out of combat- just target any npc and eat yor pet, summon and eat again...imba ooc morale regen...but old babies were better imo. Its a damn swarm mob! Lm has a normal or even sig...thats just a nev for spiders imo. The only good thing for spiders is- we can be healed and bubbled in burrow...ofc its a massive bug but hey, i like it!

All in all...i prefferred the old babies waay more...

Old 24-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
The only good thing for spiders is- we can be healed and bubbled in burrow...ofc its a massive bug but hey, i like it!
Is this really a bug? I seem to recall some patchnotes made minstrels feigning death able to be healed, and emergency burrow is rather similar (you won't be needing heals/bubbles in your long burrow :P), isn't it?

The imba OOC regen seems more like a bug to me tbh, as the heal is supposed to be only usable in combat. I did report it as such the first time I tried out a hatchling too.

Spiders aren't random baby eating monsters, they only do it in grave danger!

Old 30-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #25 (permalink)

They should realy turn back the old one it was way better!!!

Old 30-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #26 (permalink)

I personally don't like the change, all I see my new pet being good for is a mobile health pot. The old hatchlings were way better, especially the good old hatchling bomb you could do with 3/4 spideys working together, plus the interupts you used to have.

It's a terrible change.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #27 (permalink)

Pet could be improved tho coz look at lms pet its kinda op like ours...

Old 03-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #28 (permalink)

In my opinion the new mini spiders are a real joke, i have learned to play with my 3 mini spiders and i used to be able to kite and let the dots and mini spiders get me the kill, i know find that during spars with tanks/wardens etc i am forced to fight them almost toe to toe half the time because by the time the web of the earth is gone the new mini spider dps has done maybe 700 damage (if im lucky) and the dots bout 1k-1.5k on a 8k tank the old min spiders would dps so much doing 80 damage a hit meaning that i would have delt alot more damage in a 1v1 before the webs had run out. Speaking now about fighting a Lm i find almost impossible the dps they have is so high that i did need the 3 mini spiders for interupts alone dps helped aswell even with LMs using cool downs i could win or lose it was close always, but now if a LM uses Wisdom of the council or Man heal i have no chance to win and i just get zerged. Because of these new mini spider i do not spar LMs anymore (take note of this haruno ^^) because with cds i just cant win so why even try anymore ?

This new mini spider is a huge nerf to spiders the heal is a minor buff to the huge nerf BRING BACK THE OLD MINIS DEVS!! )
__________________________________________________ ______________

Weaver rank 10 - Spidex
Reaver rank 7 - Gabort
Stalker rank 8 - Flagnor
And some nab freeps Rank 4-6 :P EN-Eldar

Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Well, from how i see it, its is a huge help for those spiders who spend most of the time pew pewing at the back from npcs or behind the raid safety. For those who like to close in and do some close hand to hand (rather leg to leg) fighting and generally are not scared to 1v1 it is a huge nerf. Not just to dps and CC, but also to the pride. On Laurelin I noticed a drastic decrease of spiders closing in to bite a freep during raid fights and a gazilion imagining they are a pure ranged dps class.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #30 (permalink)

Yes but you also have lost a really nice -440 maximum power debuff with the weaver change that the devs simply forgot about. Always used to use this on melee classes such as wardens during 1v1 (then just dismiss the hatchlings to reduce the warden gambit heals) as they are power hungry and -900 max power (stacked with LP) was a perfect start. Now they give a crap pet and removed a heavy debuff in the process.

Thread Closed