Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #31 (permalink)

Yeh solo spider now is soo poop. I totally forgot the maximum power debuff. Also it used to be like that in a small fights i was often able to completely powerdrain a freep i fought. Now i dont recall seeing any freep power drop to zero before the fight ends.

I just noticed how weaker i became on rank 6 now. Previously getting rank 6 was the most important rank for a spider, it was like maturity- u get babies, u get shelobs gift, you get the mezz and now you become dealy. You can go solo and tear to shreds almost any class.
And now?
I still have same babies, strong brood is bugged, doesnt increase babies dps (even if it would, their dps is a laugh...and laugh+15% is still a laugh). I really miss the old babies. Maybe its easier now to low rank spiders but to high ranked ones its just a plain nerv...plus the devour...a nice skill yet before, with 3 babies, i often didnt need any pot, often ended a fight with full morale and a dead freep that got zerged by babies, wte, LP dots and drains combo..and now im just a noobie npc spamming 2 skills, trying to strafe through a freep i spar...this sucks....

Babies change FTL

Old 06-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzsche View Post
I just noticed how weaker i became on rank 6 now. Previously getting rank 6 was the most important rank for a spider, it was like maturity- u get babies, u get shelobs gift, you get the mezz and now you become dealy. You can go solo and tear to shreds almost any class.
And now?
Well shelobs gift is r9 not 6 but as for mez and hatchlings definitely that made 6 the rank to get for weaver. Actually I thought weavers really got their best improvement at r5 after the changes to DR. This is when you get the +10% movement speed and web the earth also the armour debuff which is nice against a tank. Things like mez I hardly use in 1v1 because it reduces the effectiveness of LP too much. The powerdrain wasnt so handy imo against any tactical class or ranged because tactical classes have 4k+ power so no chance of getting it low before they blast you down and if you try and drain a hunter of power as your tactic you would be dead before it even got to half way but against melee it was a pretty useful debuff.

After 6 then ofc r9 is the rank to have due to the awesome shelobs gift skill then pre DR change ofc r10 had the nice skill reset (which I dont even slot now as CC is pretty crap and weavers have no trouble with power in my experience). I can remember back in the really old days when we had a 1v1 area where the current steps of gram outpost resides behind LC and really the only weavers that could win spars regularly were the ones with the pets.

At least the proposed dev changes appear to look at the massive nerf they gave to spiders in this update, using the pet heal at range is interesting but it will all be a complete waste if they dont improve the movement speed and return/replace the max power debuff.

Again r6 was in the past really the real sig rank for all creep imo (well maybe 5) as you got your first useful racial and for warg you got the heal etc. Now I guess the real sig rank is r8 to me. Perhaps weavers will get the nice update feeling at r7 when the new changes arrive and the new pet traits are available but where will these traits go? I dont have any spare slots and the traits I have are practically cemented in place. Along with some other updates like others have said more trait slots will be required or some traits will have to be merged together.

Last edited by Matthalion; 06-05-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Old 15-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

I agree that the new pet is pretty useless, especially in group play. I usually don't even use it. Would also love to have my old babies back .

Thread Closed