Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default New spider pet

Hola all spiders. What you think of our new hatclings. You think its a buff or nerf? I kind of have mixed feelings. Was so used to have those 3 idiots babys. Kind of love and hate thing.

So ofc now we can controll it, controll is always good. It has some okay attack skills. CDs kind of long. The pet sac and heal is nice. Saved my ass many times all ready. Range on the heal real sucky, like 5m or so. Kind of hard to use when kiting or when pet use rooted or something.
Dps not sure if its lower then before. Might be lover little but now pet is around all the time. Pet seems to die real fast even with the trait on.

Biggest thing for me is that old skill was very spider like. Poison your foe and babys hatch after little while. Very fun. Also miss the power drain from old skill.

Still have not made my mind if i like this new more then old. Heal is nice thou. What you other spiders think about new hachlings? Freeps can say something too.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

In spars i kill spiders easier than before when i had 3 little annoying spiders on me.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

It was much much better before, imo it's kinda huge nerf. But at least you can eat it and heal yourself...

Old 03-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faileon View Post
It was much much better before, imo it's kinda huge nerf. But at least you can eat it and heal yourself...
Yeah. Well mayby the best way to use it is not take the trait. Keep it passive unless its 1vs1 and just keep it ready for heal. Heal pot with legs . Kind of sad really :/
And damn wth, it can be detected while i am burrowed. Then it pops me out. Ou dear.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

It's a nerf. Why? Because 3 hatchlings would effectively lock down an induction class.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curuorn View Post
It's a nerf. Why? Because 3 hatchlings would effectively lock down an induction class.
Yes but you could cure it, it could get resisted, they were with you for only about 2 minutes. It was much much better.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

I bet it's a nerf on a low pvp populated server like laurelin, since there it's mostly 1 vs 1 in peak times. So that means no more 4 spiders on 1 target but 2 spiders on 1 target.

On more populated servers the babies scatter around and attacking different targets, so there control might be better.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vankku View Post
And damn wth, it can be detected while i am burrowed. Then it pops me out. Ou dear.
What happens if you command it to 'Stay' and then move a little bit and burrow? Like, does it go on stealth too even it's not right top of you?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaaja View Post
What happens if you command it to 'Stay' and then move a little bit and burrow? Like, does it go on stealth too even it's not right top of you?
Yes it does. not sure about the range.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaaja View Post
I was doing that on my spider to test it out. Problem is, the spider has less stealth than you in the burrow so if anyone comes across it the second they attack it you come out of your burrow.

Really confused the freeps when they discovered my spider on TA lawn and I was out of reach in TA windows. I bet they were expecting a nice spider snack under that summonable giveaway =P

Thread Closed