Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 04-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dev proposes creep revision

New guy, Kelsen, has written a blog for each class where he outlines possible changes coming in Isengard.

Warg: Kelsen's Page*-*Blog Archive*-*Isengard: Monster Play: Warg Updates

Reaver: Kelsen's Page*-*Blog Archive*-*Isengard: Monster Play: Reaver Updates

Blackarrow: Kelsen's Page*-*Blog Archive*-*Isengard: Monster Play: Blackarrow Updates

Warleader: Kelsen's Page*-*Blog Archive*-*Isengard: Monster Play: Warleader Updates

Defiler: Kelsen's Page*-*Blog Archive*-*Isengard: Monster Play: Defiler Update

Weaver: Kelsen's Page*-*Blog Archive*-*Isengard: Monster Play: Weaver Updates

Not as exhaustive as I had hoped especially since we don't have a new zone to look forward to.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

I actually think this dev has it spot on with the skills.

BAs will especially rejoice they can now actually solo

Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'll rejoice at the WL changes, some well thought out changes to our support role and a much needed boost to our soloing capabilities. Going to be some diversity between WL now.

Personal favourite is -50% black speech skills cooldown at last and I do see a nasty combo emerging

Its early speculation but should all these proposed changes make it into the game I could see creepside being the stronger side if play right.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Make all HoTs stackable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Interesting. The general trend I pick up from the changes is to add more diversity and strategy to playing the creep classes - there are far more combinations of skills that work better following other skills, reactive skills, stacking etc. that should make combat more dynamic. Might also mean that player skill will become more of a factor on the creep side.

Looks like I might actually have a challenge from many of the creep classes in 1v1 now

Old 04-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Really hope Dev also give defilers a War speech stance too^^ else it might be very hard to play solo if you got defilers stacking hots...

Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgash View Post
Really hope Dev also give defilers a War speech stance too^^ else it might be very hard to play solo if you got defilers stacking hots...
I will go around with damn 200 hots... will not kill even a freep, but i will survive!!!!!!!

Last edited by Sernior; 04-05-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK_Collector View Post
Its early speculation but should all these proposed changes make it into the game I could see creepside being the stronger side if play right.
It's indeed a very early speculation. Remember all freeps will be level 75 (Creeps too, of course) and will get a couple new skills.

I think Spiders will still find their pets to be sub-par.
Defilers seem to be the new main healers, now their HoTs stack.
I don't like how WLs didn't get much concerning healing. Like a reduced cooldown on Crack the Whip or an extra heal. I don't dislike the more offensive changes though, will see how they work out.
I like this one though:
Quote:
Whenever you crit with a “Tactical Skill” your next heal has 0 inductions/power cost
Although for I can see WLs becoming more Captain-like, lower on the to-kill list for freeps (Defilers take the spot as Main healer) and with more offensive abilities.

Oh and
No extra rezzing on creepside.
Like:
- No cooldown for Defiler rezz (with trait if needed)
- Out of combat rezz for WLs

Overall no major creep overhaul, more like to keep them on line with the new skills freeps get.
If this is all creeps are going to get,

Old 04-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Woah, pretty nice changes overall!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turukano View Post
It's indeed a very early speculation.
Indeed... i yet immagine hunter new skill... its simply a button that open a box (like the box opened when u want add a friend from social panel), in this box you write the name of a creep and he got insta oneshotted even if he is at grams and u re in bree.

Thread Closed