Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 20-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluthrog >
You make it sound like it's a bad thing!
Aye, it will destroy the freep/creep ratio, 24/7 a blue map, 2 freep raids camping grams, etc. It will be a doom scenario.

Let PvMP belong to people who love pvp and not to pve'ers who only want better gear.

Old 20-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #32 (permalink)

There will be plenty of f2p creeps, tripling the creep numbers of best times. This I can guarantee to you.

Old 20-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg View Post
Aye, it will destroy the freep/creep ratio, 24/7 a blue map, 2 freep raids camping grams, etc. It will be a doom scenario.
Wasn't that bad in SoA, infact, the number balance was 100x better than it is now.

Creep easymoder much?

Old 20-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltosis >
Group DPS set:
2 piece bonus: +50% crit chance for devastating blow
4 piece bonus: On any ranged damage, 10% chance to heal 200 morale
6 piece bonus: On dev crit, devastating blow will stun target for 6s
Does this work in PvE too?
If so, you can see every captain wearing at least 2 of this set ^^
But I suspect it's for PvP only.
And I didn't know Grave Wound is on a 2 min cooldown. 30 sec duration seems fair then, unlike Burning Embers (Grrrr...)

Old 20-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master Sleuth

Quick chime in for warden PvP set bonus ideas.

It is almost impossible to make a decent suggestion without knowing the nature of the warden changes that are incoming. However if things stayed similar to how they are now these are some thoughts on the type of things I would like to see:

Increased magnitude on Hampering Javelin (from 30% slow to 40% perhaps).

Decreased miss chance on all javelin skills while running, perhaps the full set bonus could remove the moving miss chance altogether (although this would require a legacy change).

Increased duration on spear gambit bleeds (extra pulse or two perhaps).

Perhaps similar to Hele set and remove Recklessness penalties.

Ultimately what I would like to see is increasing the effectiveness of our 'utility' skills rather than increasing our damage or crits etc. I don't feel that Wardens need much more damage considering their survivability, it's hard enough getting a spar as it is!

Old 20-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #36 (permalink)
Font of Wisdom, 2011

Having stats that get better with rank might not be as good as it sounds. They could start the stats off low so you would get any real use from them till you are rank 10+

Old 20-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossieuk View Post
Having stats that get better with rank might not be as good as it sounds. They could start the stats off low so you would get any real use from them till you are rank 10+
Well, if a creep starts as easy prey, so should a freep in my opinion. Because right now a fresh solo spider, warg or BA has just a bit more chances to survive than my lvl 42 pvp minstrel if atacked by a lvl 65 freep in 1vs1.

Old 20-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrarakoin Dragonseeker View Post
Well, if a creep starts as easy prey, so should a freep in my opinion. Because right now a fresh solo spider, warg or BA has just a bit more chances to survive than my lvl 42 pvp minstrel if atacked by a lvl 65 freep in 1vs1.
Except he won't start as easy prey?
A freep, regardless of PVP kit, can come to ettens at rank 0, with capped stats and full raid gear - this won't change.

The stats with rank just ruin gearing for freeps by making stat inflation even more ridiculous.

Old 21-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorthor View Post
Except he won't start as easy prey?
A freep, regardless of PVP kit, can come to ettens at rank 0, with capped stats and full raid gear - this won't change.

The stats with rank just ruin gearing for freeps by making stat inflation even more ridiculous.
There is ample time to adjust this and i already mentioned, nobody knows how the hell will stats work. if they changed % with ratings, they may just as well do something with stats.
As for ranks - well, hig ranked freeps should have pvp advantages even over "raid geared" pve players.

Old 23-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg >
Make set-bonnuses be active in pvmp area's only , or else the pve'ers will come in their masses to collect their new shiney armour.
There will still be no purpose to get to final rank if there is no response in pve. Since a rank 15 will quit pvp i think it's reasonable the stats to remain out of the Ettenmoors.

Thread Closed