Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat)

Monsterplay (Player vs. Player Combat) Freeps and Creeps, or innocent bystanders, please use this forum for ALL discussions pertaining to PvP, thank you.

Thread Closed
Old 25-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default the real problem in the moors...

Dear Turbine

I am writing to you today , to inform you of the real problem in the moors , facing both creeps and freeps today in PVMP. No it is not the unbalanced tactical damage , no it is not the fact that burglars can jump off high cliffs without breaking legs , or fact that spider can burrow into solid rock , or even that we have been stuck in the same area for the past three years .

What the problem facing the moors is today , is that /follow only works while standing still! I find it totally unacceptable to us VIP players that we have to put up with this kind of hard work (having to stop to follow) .

How do you expect us to follow a raid and facebook at the same time, when we have to stop , stand still , then /follow , sometimes it is even hit and miss if that works .

It is outrageous for Turbine to do this to us!

Therefore i have prepared some real life cases , of where /follow while moving is *needed*

Example one "the microwave scenaro"

Joe bloggs creep was in a raid one day , he decided that whilst the raid was having an afk he would make himself some super noodles to keep him going through the tough times . So he whacks it in the microwave and puts it on . The raid starts moving again , and suddenly the super noodles catch fire and the house starts burning down , consquently joe bloggs creep couldnt /follow because he was moving in his raid , and not only did his house burn down , his K/D ratio went down by .1 . THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

Example two "the door knocks"

Shelia freep was playing her minstrel in the moors one day , she is roaming around in a group suddenly the door knocks , its a timeshare salesman , she promtply asks the group (which they do) to wait for a few minutes while she answers the door to discover this . Upon discovery she , advises the timeshares salesman she is busy in a game and she will have to put the character on follow . BUT in her haste , shelia freep forgets that follow no longer works while she is moving , and while catching up with the leader and eventually clicking follow , then going backdownstairs , and buying a timeshare .

Shelia to her horror has found out that follow wasnt working , and again gets ganked by a huge wargpack . AGAIN THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

I find it dishearting that these true to life examples and many others are being ignored , us gamers , face challenges daily , to microwave our meals , to answer the phone and door and get back in time without getting ganked . Most of us dont have the resources to place our PC infront of our front door and have our door open with the click of the mouse , or our phone intergated with our headset . So turbine , i am asking ... no i am begging fix /follow , so lotro players everywhere can go back to the way it was beforehand , where we are free to be lazy sods !

If the next PvMP update is delayed because of it , so be it , it is a sacrifice im sure many PvMP are willing to take it . We are REASONABLE people , but /follow not working while moving IS NOT .

Kind Regards

Grugnug

PS i got ganked by burglars while writing this because follow does not work while moving just another example of shocking events !! I welcome others to post their own experiences too!!

Old 25-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

it's the little things that count!

it took me a whole week to figure out! during this time I ran into many walls, npcs, one-shots and freeps because I was forced to try use autowalk to stay near the infamy! My helmet is now irreparably dented at the front which makes my face look flat like a pancake and people won't invite me to raid because: "your a pancake"

not to mention the emotional distress this has caused...

/signed

Last edited by Dazlindragon; 25-05-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Old 25-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Totally agreed. I'm disguested they don't have some sort of helpline for those who have been affected by this.

Old 25-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

I like your post, Grug - short and straight to the matter. And no small matter, mind you, this is probably the main problem we face in Ettens.

Old 25-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

/signed

Old 25-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think they heard your complaint:
From the Bullroarer Release Notes - Update 3 - 4-25-11 (1)) :

Quote:
Update 3 Release Notes

General

You can once again use /follow while moving.

Old 26-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nice! this also bothered me alot!

Old 29-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Most Merciless Critic, 2010
Biggest Lore Nerd, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult Of Luna View Post
I think they heard your complaint:
From the Bullroarer Release Notes - Update 3 - 4-25-11 (1)) :

Quote:
Update 3 Release Notes

General

You can once again use /follow while moving.
I'm re-subscribing straight away.

Thread Closed