Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Looking for the latest news on LOTRO? It's right here!

Closed Thread
Old 28-01-2009, 04:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Alfaen of Archet >
Seems 3 commineque to CM staff have been ignored lets do this all open and honest like.
Do you have any itention of doing what you claim?

RE: This thread Happy New Year

Oh and cite me a couple of points while your at it , sexism and exploiting the Mary Whithouse bot lolz
This post gave me a laugh as it's a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black (A reference to soot not race before you find fault with that saying lol)

It's an indisputable fact that a large number of the gold selling companies operate out of China. Referring to Chinese gold farmers is no more racist than referring to Cornish tin miners, Dutch bulb growers, or French Champagne producers.

However, using the language you do in the quoted thread to illustrate a sexist attitude does tend to suggest you regard that as a typical West Indian trait.

So who is the racist?

Last edited by Troy Taranis; 28-01-2009 at 04:13 AM. Reason: typo

Old 28-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Smeggy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorfun >
Maybe I didn't understand what you meant... but it seems to me the post is pretty clear in saying that the new system merely automates a procedure that existed already. The forum rules didn't change, only the way they are enforced did. So what exactly are you complaining about when you claim a change of rules with retroactive effects?
I'm not quite sure, are you an admin handling a complain or a regulair user trying to discuss whats not a discussion?

Quote:
Seems 3 commineque to CM staff have been ignored lets do this all open and honest like. Do you have any itention of doing what you claim?Oh and cite me a couple of points while your at it , sexism and exploiting the Mary Whithouse bot lolz
I got my infriction for rascism as well. That word is overused these days, and just about anything people dont like to hear, facts or fiction, compliments or negative remarks is countered by rascism. This merly underlines the mental incapabilities of the accuser. I studied biology, and nature is just one big rascism. All we should avoid is stating negative fictional sites of peoples.

Old 28-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Director, Community Relations

A COG representative has posted in this thread

Quote:
Seems 3 commineque to CM staff have been ignored lets do this all open and honest like.
Do you have any itention of doing what you claim?

RE: This thread Happy New Year

Oh and cite me a couple of points while your at it , sexism and exploiting the Mary Whithouse bot lolz
I'd like to clarify that if someone reports a post, it does not mean that we are automatically going to do whatever the reporter asks.

In the case of the thread in question which I have now deleted, all it needed was you to explain, civilly to the person that you were referring to Chinese New Year which took place last week.

Instead you chose to act in a non-productive, provoking way flaming the situation and making the entire situation worse instead of an education.

To everyone, I'd suggest thinking twice before posting comments that further incite hatred and push the moderators' buttons as this will only serve to ensure a permanent ban is achieved sooner, rather than later.

Hitting someone back does not serve to educate them as to their failings - it's not something they will learn from.

And before this continues on the downward spiral, I'm going to close this thread.

Last edited by Satine; 28-01-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

Exclamation

A few members asked about where do they see the infractions?
For your guidance, especially if your new to the forums, I have made
a simple test picture to explain.

1. This is your status, there are several grades and custom grades. IF you see custom text here, you can be assured that the person has extended privileges (eg Moderator/ Admin/ Staff/ Dev/ CM Guru etc etc).

2. This is the total number of infractions you have been allocated points or warnings.

3. This is the total number of points you have.

4. This is the place you click if you have found a post that is breaking the rules.

In the above example it shows 2 infractions where 5 points were allocated.

If you abuse the reporting system (4) you will receive a warning, please use it properly, repeat offenders will be treated accordingly. All reported posts are done in private (to Codemasters), there is no public flagging to the poster or staff.

The rules are here:
Forum Rules / Infraction System - Updated 28th June, 2010

The system is there to help you have an enjoyable time here, the few that do make posts that are against the rules are treated fairly & each situation is weighted on it's merits.

There is no automated computerized bot allocating infractions (penalties) it is all done by staff that read the context of the post to see all extenuating circumstances on the forums (ie provocation, although this is no excuse to add to the situation, report it). This is not a fluffy world, the rules are there to guide you, remember the forums are here for all.

Best wishes
viii

Closed Thread