Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Looking for the latest news on LOTRO? It's right here!

Closed Thread
Old 15-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
LOTRO Community Officer

A COG representative has posted in this thread Character Undelete Premium Service

Have you deleted your character? Do you regret this decision and wish to have it restored? The Character Undelete service allows for you to restore a lost character and continue where you left off.

The new Character Undelete premium service is now available through the Player Accounts page.

For more information on the Character Undelete premium service please see the new FAQ and Policy for it.

Old 14-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

One question, why can't we even pick which character we want to undelete?
I have in past recreated characters with same name as one of my deleted mains. Hence Why I ask this, I have some screenshots of her, @ 65, with full Watcher Set and some virtues @ 10 but in accounts page its all about payment first, with no info on what we might actually "ressurect", it just feels like a "shot in the dark".

Last edited by Falorond; 14-05-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Corrected "soem", to "some"

Old 14-05-2011, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think you'll be able to choose the character after the payment.

Old 15-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Just like a server transfer, you buy the service first, then you pick which toon to undelete/character to transfer and server to transfer to.

Old 15-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Never mind - read the FAQ

Last edited by Abersoch; 15-05-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Old 16-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

17 euro ffs

Old 17-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

i deleted a char more then a year ago, but created a new char with this name is it pos that i delete the old one and then use the service to actaully get the first warleader back ? as he was higher rank :P

Old 17-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbarz View Post
i deleted a char more then a year ago, but created a new char with this name is it pos that i delete the old one and then use the service to actaully get the first warleader back ? as he was higher rank :P
You wont have to delete the one you have now mate, I did exactly the same with a character freepside, deleted it and rolled another with the same name a long time later, when I decided I wanted the old one back I asked a GM that same question.

When your old toon with the same name gets brought back it'll have a slightly different name and you get a rename token so you can call it whatever you like.

Old 17-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falorond View Post
One question, why can't we even pick which character we want to undelete?
I have in past recreated characters with same name as one of my deleted mains. Hence Why I ask this, I have some screenshots of her, @ 65, with full Watcher Set and some virtues @ 10 but in accounts page its all about payment first, with no info on what we might actually "ressurect", it just feels like a "shot in the dark".
Once you've ordered the service (and paid for it) you then get to complete it and you get asked things like character name, what level it was and the approximate date you deleted it, I've done it twice now and had no trouble at all, you get to be very specific about what you want back.

Old 18-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampagingdeath View Post
You wont have to delete the one you have now mate, I did exactly the same with a character freepside, deleted it and rolled another with the same name a long time later, when I decided I wanted the old one back I asked a GM that same question.

When your old toon with the same name gets brought back it'll have a slightly different name and you get a rename token so you can call it whatever you like.
It's different for creep characters, because there you can only have one char per class. So if you undelete an older char it will replace your current char. Read the FAQ, it's all in there!

Closed Thread