Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Looking for the latest news on LOTRO? It's right here!

Thread Closed
Old 20-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
LOTRO Community Officer

A COG representative has posted in this thread Get Motivated: Enter the Motivational Poster Contest!

Greetings! In honour of The Lord of the Rings Online's™ fourth anniversary, we are hosting a Motivational Poster contest! We want to see your most inspirational LOTRO-themed motivational posters; we’ll provide the template, you provide the image, caption, and title! Make them as serious or as funny as you like!

At the end of the contest, we’ll choose five of our favourite posters. These posters will be featured in our Motivational Poster Gallery at the LOTRO Europe website, and their creators will also be rewarded with a very motivational 500 Points to spend in the LOTRO Europe Store and a mini goodie bag!

To get started, download the template now!

The Motivational Poster contest runs from Wednesday, 20th April, 2011 to Wednesday, 4th May, 2011. Entries must be received by Codemasters by 11:59PM UK time (BST) on Wednesday, 4th May.

Here are some tips for taking screenshots to use in your poster:
  • You can zoom in to a first-person view with the mouse-wheel
  • The number pad or right mouse button can be used to adjust the camera angle
  • F11 or CTRL-P takes your screenshot
  • Screenshots are stored in My Documents/The Lord of the Rings OnlineThe F12 button will remove the UI

Include the following information with your submission:
  • Name:
  • Email:
  • Date of Birth:
  • Server:
  • Your Character's Name:
  • Additional Name(s) to credit:I accept the terms and conditions of the Motivational Poster Contest: YES
  • LOTRO Europe Store Points and mini goodie bags will be awarded to the person that sends the winning submission as judged by a Codemasters panel.
  • All entries must be sent as email attachments in .jpg format. Filenames should include the entrant’s Codemasters LOTRO forum name for identification.*To enter the Motivational Poster Contest, send your entry to lotrocompetition@codemasters.com with the subject line Motivational Poster Contest.If you are entering multiple entries, each entry must be submitted as a separate email.

Click here for the full official rules and how to enter.

Old 20-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Faya,

I had to laugh when I saw this compo thread!

It is a toss up between entering the compo here or posting an demotivational here.

Maybe I could do both! ROFL.

Any way, thanks for the 'heads up'.

Old 30-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Smile Screenshot Posters

Splendid!

As a frequent visitor of "Very Demotivational - The Demotivational Posters Blog", I'm a big fan of satirising this publishing meme. Great idea for a contest, Faya. And Happy 4th Birthday, LotRO!

When the results are published, could you please post a link to them in this thread?

Old 11-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
LOTRO Community Officer

A COG representative has posted in this thread

Hi all!

Just to let you know that the winning emails have been sent out. Entrants, please check your emails!

Old 12-05-2011, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

No email ...

Old 13-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nothing

Old 16-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hello! Waiting for the winners, any news? If not mistaken was suppose be at 13th?

Best Regards!

Old 19-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Unhappy Motivational Poster Contest – Results, Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucagorn View Post
Hello! Waiting for the winners, any news? If not mistaken was suppose be at 13th?

Best Regards!
Indeed, Rucagorn...
“RULES OF THE COMPETITION
[...]
Winning Entry

Five (5) winning Entries will be chosen by Arranger's judging committee from entries submitted throughout the Competition. The winning entries will be chosen on 5th May 2011.

Notification of Wining Entry

[...]
The Winners announcement will be published on 13th May, 2011.”

I've sent a 'Motivational Poster Contest – Results, Please?' message to <lotrocompetition@codemasters.com> and a PM to Faya, ending with, "Please publish the ‘Motivational Poster Contest Winners’ announcement at ‘Codemasters : : News’ (better late than never) – or let myself and other competition entrants know why the announcement is delayed, and when it will be made."

Old 26-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Director, Community Relations

A COG representative has posted in this thread

Hi folks,

Some of the winners took a long time getting back to us so rather than announce in dribs and drabs we waited. I actually have the announcement ready to go, it will go up after maintenance has ended to the website but I'll see if I can get it posted to the forums this morning. Sorry for the delay on this!

Edit: Posted! The Motivational Poster Contest winners

Last edited by Satine; 26-05-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Thread Closed