Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Official Discussion Threads

Official Discussion Threads This forum contains the official discussion threads started by the LOTRO team.

Thread Closed
Old 24-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
LOTRO Community Officer

A COG representative has posted in this thread Update 2: Echoes of the Dead Feedback Thread

The Lord of the Rings Online™: Update 2 has now gone live and like previous times with Book and expansion updates, we’d really appreciate it if you could feedback any thoughts you’ve had into the following thread.

This feedback will be used by both Codemasters Online and Turbine to identify features added and changes made with the expansion pack that players liked or disliked to help us identify a clear path forwards with future content updates and expansion pack releases.

If you’d like to refresh your memories on what went into the update, you can do so by viewing the official patch notes here.

If you can break down all feedback into easily digestible junks, it will help both Codemasters Online and Turbine to identify key areas where players are happy or unhappy.

Thanks!

Old 24-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Just finished reading through the patch notes and it all seems very impressive. That you added so much content to Evendim and made Vol. II soloable is a dream come true for me!

The new legendary system seems a bit complicated, but it will be fun to explore it.

My only complaint at the moment is the new character screen when you're logged in on a character. I think it looks extremly awful. :/

Old 24-03-2011, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Please remove those Legendary Traders from Bree-town? It makes town messy and it makes completely no sense whatsoever!

Old 24-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

I will pass over the good bits, because I really think there are some, and go right to what I find to be a bad joke. This is a lot of feedback on one small issues, and shouldn't be taken as my view on the whole update at all.

Quote:
Skirmishes, Raids & Instances
  • The Annúminas instance tokens have had their conversion rate to Skirmish Marks corrected. The conversion rate for Arnorian Armour Fragments was much greater than intended. The new rates are as follows:
    • 50 Arnorian Armour Fragments = 5 Marks
    • 5 Battered Arnorian Armour = 25 Marks
The previous rate was, IIRC, 50 Anorian Armour Fragments for 10 skirmish marks. Yeah, it was double the intended, but you know what - that was many times too low to begin with, and you just lowered it even more. These days it doesn't matter at all, since no one is getting those marks anymore, but for someone that had quite a few battered arnorian armours when F2P hit - I still feel wronged. The trouble you had to go through to get those amounts were a hundred times that of getting 5 or 25 skirmish marks (in the case of skirmish marks, it feels like the guy that designed this system has no idea how easy it is to get those small amounts, a "reward" of 5 SM is then nothing short of a slap in the face). As I say, it's a joke, and it's not something unique to this particular case (see below).

I am sick and tired of the developers trying their best to stamp on old content to make it 95% worthless just because they released something "new and shiny" that everyone is supposed to get. I don't suppose anyone remembers the old armour-barter items you got from HoC, HoM and WW - the same stupid type of conversion system was put in place to barter for lorien medallions. And of course the rate was so off I was convinced it had to be a mistake.

I actually adressed this in the old "F2P Free-to-Play Questions and Answers", but I never got a reply so I figured I might as well post it here.

Old 24-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Approaching 3 hours on getting that patch now, not good enough!

I really cannot understand why the patch needs to download and apply each and every individual file as it goes. This would be infinitely quicker if we could download a patch in bulk and have it applied when it's done.

Old 24-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fashion Hero

Loving the new tutorials for creeps, the new UI will take a while to get used to. Some things like destiny points are a bit more awkward to find, it was alot more useful to have that be able to be displayed on the screen all the time rather than hidden away somewhere. Also I don't like not having a bio on creep anymore (never understood why we couldn't read each others bios anyway) they were an extra way to personalize creeps and I had some old notes in there that have been lost.

Also those shouting npcs in Grams are already getting on my nerves, plus one of them is animated wrongly his sword is floating infront of his face.

Just noticed that the dwaves at the camp up near Isen map point 3 have had a bit of a make over. The 7 Isendeep miners there now all wear different colours. I might be reading too much into it but those colours are very simalar to the 7 dwarves from Snow White. Is it just me or it it ment to be a little easter egg type of thing? Either way its not a complaint it made me smile.

Last edited by Wspa; 24-03-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Old 24-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Faya whats up with all the armor recipes being removed ? ... Does that mean we need to go pick up and and not make them anymore, cos with the list of changes just about all the armor that can be crafted is going to be wiped and the other question is then if that's the case why have a metalsmith proficiency in the game then ?

Old 24-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Character UI revamp is ghastly, why the need to sprout windows all over the place what was wrong with tabs? (I know you will put this down to initial shock but in a months time it will still be horrible)

However that's nothing compared to the intrusion of the store, it's everywhere. I half expect the new armour sets to have the store logo on their chest piece and an "Enhance" clicky. It no longer feels like a game it feels like a a trashy American ad break.

Old 24-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Valenwood View Post
Approaching 3 hours on getting that patch now, not good enough!

I really cannot understand why the patch needs to download and apply each and every individual file as it goes. This would be infinitely quicker if we could download a patch in bulk and have it applied when it's done.
Or gives a link for a manual patch ... it downloads faster cos it runs at a constant speed if we can download the bulk and just install it.

Old 24-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thumbs down How do I go back to update 1 plz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal.Net View Post
The Character UI revamp is ghastly, why the need to sprout windows all over the place what was wrong with tabs? (I know you will put this down to initial shock but in a months time it will still be horrible)
Thank you!
My thoughts exactly, the new UI seems to have been developed by someone who loves having windows all over the place.
How much money do I have? well lets open the character panel which covers the entire screen, then click on the barter window, which takes up even more of the screen.
Have that many people moaned about the character UI so much that these changes were introduced to appease them?

Thread Closed