Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Quests

Quests Need help with a quest? Not sure where to go next? Post here! (WARNING: May contain spoilers!)

Thread Closed
Old 13-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Font of Wisdom, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fangirl >

No. I never knew you could use more than 1 banner here either.
(thanks for the helpful reminder there "BirdofHermes")

I never really used any of the banners at all in this fight. I didn't think it was important to use any. But I guess they could be of some help.
Though it does seem to be be more easier that you should be be allowed to have more than 1 in your bags at once. I don't understand why you can't.

Regardless, as I said earlier, I'm still a bit too scared to go back in and solo it again.
You can have 1 of every colour in your bag at the same time

Old 13-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fathomer of Riddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fangirl >

I never really used any of the banners at all in this fight. I didn't think it was important to use any. But I guess they could be of some help.
Though it does seem to be be more easier that you should be be allowed to have more than 1 in your bags at once. I don't understand why you can't.

Regardless, as I said earlier, I'm still a bit too scared to go back in and solo it again.
You can carry (and drop down) as many banners in your bags as you want, as long as it's not two of the same type.

And yes, they do make a huge difference. Some banners add 25% to your dps, while others cut the enemies' dps by 25%, or increase their incoming damage, or heal your, restore your power, etc. Use a few together and that makes for a huge difference.

Old 22-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Must admit I too failed this on 2 occasions, will try the mentioned tips and try once more!
My poor litte burglar got competely stuffed not knowing what to expect as that monster of a troll appeared!

I suppose Addle will assist me in this predicament?

I did notice he hit me for over 500 on three occasions, so yes, he does hit VERY hard !

Old 01-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #14 (permalink)

Generally dont have an issue with this boss as I've got into the habit of dumping any and all banners on the final boss for these skirmishes. Take a moment to check what each does and save the ones you think will be best, debuffers are good if you're higher dps for example.

Other bit of advice is to avoid pugs that rush until you're used to the fight a bit more. I've done one or 2 in 21st where we had both of the random events inside that last room aggroed alongside the boss.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

As a rune keeper it would be relatively simple to complete this quest solo in 'god mode'

A lot of rune keepers stand still and just dps until something dies. However that will not work here!

A few tricks you can do.

Keep 'Prelude to hope' on the suicidal dorf. THis will ensure that 'loose' aggro is always directed at you.

Keep Prelude to hope on yourself.

Nuke adds and troll while running. Use the WASD keys to move around the big room, while using the mouse to click on your skills. I find running sideways on to a target will enable you to keep constant dps on them, while you take very little range damage. You will end up kiting everything around the room taking some damage from ranged units, but you can kill them first.

The troll will be largely ineffective against you and the suicidal dorf, because every time he attacks he has to stand still for half a second or so. Thus with your constant running, he will eventually get out of range.

Hope this helps!

Thread Closed