Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Quests

Quests Need help with a quest? Not sure where to go next? Post here! (WARNING: May contain spoilers!)

Thread Closed
Old 14-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default V2 Book8 Ch5 Shackles For Mazog

Hey guys

unless im being a complete donut (yeah thats very possible lol) - this quest requires me to enter the door to "the way of the smiths" from the silvertine lodes to get to the 'heart of fire'.

when i try to open the door i get "Using that has no effect".

assuming i am in the right place - the only other bit of info i can provide is that i did the new solo version of chapter 4, oh and im lvl63 and the quest is light-blue, so thats no the issue.

i posted a ticket in-game and got the usual - 'its working as intended, we cant give you tips on gameplay etc'

thanks in advance

Old 14-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

You are trying to use the First door and not the second with the campfire and summon horn?

Old 15-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinger View Post
You are trying to use the First door and not the second with the campfire and summon horn?
aye, im not trying to get into the treasury instance just below lol.

i'll bet my left butt cheek that it's because i ran the solo version of ch4 and that the doorway to the way of the smiths doesnt think im on the right quest... but i am still hoping that im being stupid.

Old 15-04-2011, 01:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Only thing I can think of that it could be is that you haven't done bk4 and Unlocked Way of the Smiths

Old 15-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Font of Wisdom, 2011

Try using the door in Redhorn Lodes and see if you can get in from there

Old 26-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossieuk View Post
Try using the door in Redhorn Lodes and see if you can get in from there
thanks for replying. i did try that before i created a ticket... no luck.

but in looking at the release notes for the next update on the bullroarer server...

Quote:
•Fixed a bug that disallowed players who had skipped the early Books of Vol II but who complete the solo version Vol II, Book 8, Chapter 4 from accessing the Way of Smiths and thus blocked advancing Book 8 Chapter 5.
source:
Bullroarer Release Notes - Update 3 - 4-25-11 (1)

to say i'm furious is an understatement. it was a known bug and the GM casually closed my ticket without talking to me... telling me that it was working as intended.

been here since release - i'll have a good experience with customer support one of these days.

Thread Closed