Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Quests

Quests Need help with a quest? Not sure where to go next? Post here! (WARNING: May contain spoilers!)

Thread Closed
Old 17-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question A Relic in Lumul-nar. Please Help?

Excuse me?
Can anyone help me out please?

I'm stuck with Vol 2, Book 8, Chapter 3.
A Relic in Lumul-nar

I have noticed how they have nicely made this volume 2 quest soloable for the book quests, (which I think is a very good idea) but also turned it into a skirmish (if I have remembered that correctly as I haven't played for a day or 2) for those who want to group up for it.

I'm having some trouble with it though.
I'm doing the solo 1 as part of the book quests, but I'm having trouble with the mirrors.

I did this quest only once in the past with a couple of friends and found myself relying on my friend to sort out the mirrors and get them right.
It took a while to get them right, and they did do in the end.

But for me, this is starting to get a little bit frustrating now.
I have gone in and tried this solo version for myself, but I just couldn't figure them out, one way or the other! It was taking me over half an hour already, and just about turned into an hour by the time I got out, and I still hadn't figured them out by then!

I got some light shining in various places, but then I reached a top platform with 3 mirrors and it felt like whichever way I turned them, I just couldn't get any light to shine wherever it was supposed to go!

Does anyone know if there is a handy guide around anywhere to make knowing which way to turn the mirrors more easier?? I don't feel I could do this quest without knowing their correct positions.
It's just going to take me all day otherwise!

Also, it might be possible for me to do the skirmish version at some point with a couple of people. So that might help me to to remember the mirrors.
But as usual, for me, getting a group isn't always easy, and I've had to rely on just being lucky at the right time.

Last edited by RPG_Fangirl; 17-04-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Old 17-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Every time I see a post of you I facepalm at the lettertype and the size. As for the relics, just try them.. not that hard. It is hard to explain though.

Old 17-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Font of Wisdom, 2011

If you have a read of this it should help

The Mirror-halls of Lumul-nar - Lotro-Wiki.com

Old 17-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

As cossieuk has already pointed out the lotro wiki walk through works perfectly in the solo version, obviously the number of mobs are different but the mirror puzzles are all the same.

The only thing that caught me out doing the solo version is the final mirror puzzle, even after moving them in to the correct position some of them might have been regrimed so just simply go back and kill the relevant mob.

The next chapter is a lot more straightforward just pull every lever, turn every wheel you find

Old 19-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curuorn View Post
Every time I see a post of you I facepalm at the lettertype and the size. As for the relics, just try them.. not that hard. It is hard to explain though.
At least i'm not the only one who thinks so.

Old 20-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Cool

Excluding Orthelian, who is now on my "IGNORE LIST," I'm going to say a quick thank you to you other guys for the helpful replies.

I had another look round and it seems that lotro wiki is the only site to give the info with the mirrors on that quest. Seems a bit strange. But never mind.
That should be helpful enough.

Thanks again.

Last edited by RPG_Fangirl; 20-04-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Thread Closed