Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > Game Discussion > Quests

Quests Need help with a quest? Not sure where to go next? Post here! (WARNING: May contain spoilers!)

Thread Closed
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Northdowns pay only??

Do I have to pay for all of the quests in the Northdowns?

Old 01-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Apart from the Epic quests and Class quests, yes. The only free areas are Shire, Ered Luin, Bree-land and Lone-Lands. Lone-Lands covers (roughly) the same level-span as North Downs, so you could head there if you don't have enough points or don't want to spend points just now.

Personally I'd recomend heading to the Lone-Lands which will take you to around 30, saving up TP along the way (and work on deeds back in earlier areas) to buy Evendim, which should take you all the way from 30 to 40.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

You don't actually pay for each quest you want.
When you reach an area to quest, and you decide you want that and can afford the points.
You pay for the Pack which unlocks ALL the quests in that area.
It is also quite easy to out level some quests in an area, before you even buy it

Example
Lone lands can take you from lvl 18 to level 29 easily
North Downs can take you from 21 to 40

So completing Lonelands and then deciding to do North Downs means you will see the quests around Trestlebridge as Blue or even Green. But once you reach Esteldin the quests will start to even out

Old 03-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

And that's why it makes sense to get Evendim instead after finishing Lone-Lands, it is a 30-40 zone.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell of Eternity View Post
And that's why it makes sense to get Evendim instead after finishing Lone-Lands, it is a 30-40 zone.
Especially now after the big quest revamp, Evendim is well worth the points. North Downs I wouldn't pay for myself, if I had to, as it's too close to Lone-lands' level. On a new char I do either ND or LL but not both (deeds for both tho).

Old 03-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Personally, I'm getting ND as soon as I can afford a zone outside my mains leveling path, if only to get rid of that annoying store-notice every time I zone into Esteldin

Thread Closed