Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Races > Race of Hobbits

Race of Hobbits For discussion relating to the Race of Hobbits.

Thread Closed
Old 23-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Am I the only one who still wants a Hobbit Captain?

I know, they say they have all kinds of reasons for not letting us make Captains, but I just find Hobbits much more fun to play.

The whole 'small humanoid against the world' idea just appeals to me. I made a Man Captain but can't seem to get into playing him - persevered up to L30ish but just wasn't having fun, like I do with Hobbits.

Maybe I'm the only one left who doesn't see why we can't have a Captain?

Old 27-04-2011, 05:50 AM   #2 (permalink)

Talking

At the end of the day, we could just say "look at Frodo". I mean, agreed, he wasn't the best fighter in the world, but by golem--, I mean, golly did he do a good job of saving the world!

I'm not too familiar with the classes (Captain, Rune-Keeper, Minstrel, etc) but I can imagine a Hobbit Captain would be an interesting concept. As you said, "going alone as a small man" does sound rather funny, and not many people will be doing this, so it'd be a nice change! ^_^

Old 27-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

I dont really see a Hobbit giving orders to alves, humans and dwarfs, and thats what a captain is about (Setting tactics, motivating, inspiring, To Arms!, Make haste!).

I think a elven captain would fit the class a lot more. Like Gil-Galad or Elrond.

Old 28-04-2011, 08:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welles View Post
I dont really see a Hobbit giving orders to alves, humans and dwarfs, and thats what a captain is about (Setting tactics, motivating, inspiring, To Arms!, Make haste!).

I think a elven captain would fit the class a lot more. Like Gil-Galad or Elrond.
I suppose the two characters you mentioned are/were great leaders. But put a Hobbit in massive black plate armour, give him a horned helm, a huge axe and spiked boots.... I think he'll be intimidating and inspiring!

But only if that's possible. I can imagine a Hobbit looking like one of WoW's "Death Knights"....

Still, I agree - an Elf would lead a great army; a Dwarf would lead a brilliant raid on a village/enemy camp; and a Race of Man would lead an awesome resistance without mercy!

Old 13-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

I still wants a hobbit champ, and I roll one for sure it they change it. I doubt it though...

Old 17-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

I really dont see the captain class suiting a hobbit but then warden dosnt either.

Old 24-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Frankly It makes more sense to have Captain dwarfs rather then hobbits more fitting. Remember Hobbits aren't the kind of folk who like adventures so imagine them take primary role in leading them, it wouldn't make much sense from a lore perspective.

On a side note, I find Dwarf hunters just as silly, just sayin'.

Old 28-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fathomer of Riddles

I think hobbit Champs would be amazing

Thread Closed