Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Classes > Rune-keeper

Rune-keeper For discussion relating to the Rune-keeper class

Thread Closed
Old 30-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

So by saying that, your skills are resisted less thus increasing your DPS

2 players have the same gear, legacies & buffs.
Player 1 has a high penetrate resist rating, spams CA and resists 7% of the time out of 200 attacks.
Player 2 has one third of the rating player 1 has and after 200 CA spams gets resisted 21% of the time.

Who does more DPS?

I have noticed resists go up slightly in recent updates, DPS also seems to be a bit lower but i'm killing mobs at a higher level than me, signatures etc - no doubt their mitigations are higher too.

Last edited by Neen-Eldar; 30-04-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Old 30-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen-Eldar View Post

Player 1 has a high penetrate resist rating, spams CA and resists 7% of the time out of 200 attacks.
Player 2 has one third of the rating player 1 has and after 200 CA spams gets resisted 21% of the time.

Who does more DPS?

I have noticed resists go up slightly in recent updates, DPS also seems to be a bit lower but i'm killing mobs at a higher level than me, signatures etc - no doubt their mitigations are higher too.
Player 1 ofc

Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen-Eldar View Post

Who does more DPS?

I know DPS is better with more penetration, but the poster was talking about neat damage, not damage per second. Check his post again, please . He was talking about EC crits magnitudes, from 3.5k-4k to 7.5k. Thatīs not related with DPS.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

I know! I can't explain why but with the old chisel and the fire line resistance penetration my DPS went up. Note though: It was in a skirmish T2, i.e. getting less resists could easily explain it. Skirmishes are random, i.e. I don't get the exact same mobs every time. I only did a few runs with each set-up -> less statistical significance.

All I experienced was a noticeable increase in DPS with the old chisel.

I've also gotten bigger EC hits. Does resistance penetration count when differing between Devastate, Critical and normal hit? I.e. higher penetrate resistance -> higher chance of scoring a devastate or critical hit against a high-resistance mob? Note that EC almost never misses/resists regardless of chisel/penetrate setup.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Best thing to bascially remove your resists is to step in and step out of the minstrel's hope field (Symphony of the hopeful Heart). IIRC it gives about -2k penetrate resistance and I have found very rare resists whilst having the buff active.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenwaru View Post
I know! I can't explain why but with the old chisel and the fire line resistance penetration my DPS went up. Note though: It was in a skirmish T2, i.e. getting less resists could easily explain it. Skirmishes are random, i.e. I don't get the exact same mobs every time. I only did a few runs with each set-up -> less statistical significance.

All I experienced was a noticeable increase in DPS with the old chisel.

I've also gotten bigger EC hits. Does resistance penetration count when differing between Devastate, Critical and normal hit? I.e. higher penetrate resistance -> higher chance of scoring a devastate or critical hit against a high-resistance mob? Note that EC almost never misses/resists regardless of chisel/penetrate setup.
Penetration resistance has nothing to be about chance of scoring devastate or critical hits. You will get resisted less, thatīs all. EC is supposed not to be resisted as you can read in its own description, but can be missed.

Thread Closed