Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Classes > Rune-keeper

Rune-keeper For discussion relating to the Rune-keeper class

Thread Closed
Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Wink You're the Dev - what changes would you make?

The RK dev has left the development team after conceding that he doesn't know what to do with the class. (the vacancy at Hello Kitty Island was too good to turn down)
You've been given the job, what changes would you make?
You have full access to any aspect of the game that effects the RK, be crazy or be sensible.

To get started, animations.
Scribe's Spark sharing the same animation as Ceaseless Argument is just poor & lazy - i'll change it.
Secondly, the Charged animation given when the chisel is equipped looks totally out of place. The blue, glowing runes in our hands are fine but the bolts coming out of our upper arms just look wrong, they will have to go.

Traits, i would remove the base melee crit rating from Martial Training and replace it with -200 tactical skills resist. Also changing the +morale bonus back but reducing it to +5%.

I would add two new traits based around Vivid Imagery, one for healing and one for a fire build.
The Fire version would be called 'Flaming Imagery' (red animation) instead of applying a stun to all mobs hit by the skill it would apply t2 Writ of Fire to all mobs within it's radius/max target range. (stone legacy still applies)
Same bonus' apply but just to fire skills.
The healing version would be called 'Perfect Grace' (green animation) like the fire version all fellows stood within the radius/max target range would have t2 Writ of Health applied to them, this would also reduce power costs by 5% for 10 seconds and increase outgoing healing to the FS by 5% for 10 seconds.
This skill would work perfectly in conjunction with Essay of Exaltation or as a standalone heal.
Both skill CDs would stand at 5 mins.

Skills, the tooltip on Epic Conclusion needs updating, i would change it so it reads 'This skill cannot miss or be resisted against on level mobs' (i would also fix it too)
Sustaining Bolt needs some attention, out of all of my skills this one seems to be resisted the most, i would make it so it couldn't be resisted & i would reduce the attunement requirement from 6 to 4.
Epic for the Ages, what to do with this skill? I think it's been taken in the wrong direction, i'd increase the CD to 10 seconds, reduce the induction to 3 seconds (2.5 traited) increase the heal by 10% and set the base power cost to 380.
The Terse Narrative trait bonus would still apply but it would further increase the power of the next skill execution not reduce it.

LI legacies.
REMOVE steady attuned power cost.
Increase the power return of Self Motivation to +20%
Increase Calming Verse duration, upto 30 seconds. (Satchel legacy)

Items...
Simply merge the Penetrate resist chisel with the Sustained Bolt one, who wouldn't be happy with that?!

What would my fellow Dev's do for this class?

Last edited by Neen-Eldar; 08-05-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would give runekeepers a 2nd EC and a skill to reset cooldowns, give full CD, 100% dev crit chance and tons of crit rating.

So they'd be nearly the same as they are now!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like someone has been owned a few too many times or are you a bitter hunter ?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think I can agree with all changes there Neen Especially the easy fix like merge penetrate chisel with SB one...

The new versions of perfect imagery would deffo make healing/fire more interesting.

I would:

Change the 3% inc run speed while trating ligtning to 5%

Merge both Calming verse traits to 1 so we can trait something else

Add a scroll to change the affinity of our rune-stones since i would really like frost stone as my pvp stone

Remove the stats on our Rune stone LI and instead enable us to get a 2nd stone on our off hand slot

Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ah yes, base stats on LIs - i'd like a way to customise them or at least be given an option to craft one of three when making one, i guess all other classes would too.

A scroll to change Rune affinity would be excellent!

(Welcome to the server btw)

Old 08-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

The Epic for ages skill is really bad still after our month of RK imo...

I would change it to a medium heal, maybe 600-800 with these changes:
Make it instant
CD 15-30 sec depending if you trait or not
Lock the skill somehow maybe through defeat response event or if an ally get struck by a critical hit ( if the current combat system allows it?)
Could also add a small hot if traited?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

The previous Epic trait used to apply Pulses too, but they removed it for some reason

Old 08-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

oh y, can remember it used to apply hot before when traiting it . No idea why they removed it tho

Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

These are kinda also what I though Id like for isengard but too lazy to make a whole new topic :P

Fix the perfect imagery bug, when your using it and get stunned it wont fire off, annoyes me everytime i wanna play with trash on Stoneheigh and the goblins interrupt me

Make the Charged buff last 10secs and put those 2 thingys together with resistance and charged buff combined in 1 thingy.
Combine the Calming Verse traits.
Add a Fear and Disease skill like the one we have for Wound and Poison atm.
Somehow get the LI designers to realise that we dont like say parry rating for basic stat on our LI stones!!

Change Epic for the Ages into a say 30sec/1min CD skill that can be used only on defeat event and does a 3k-4k single target heal without any induction. Add a legacie to satchels that would make the CD min. 15secs.

Add a new Lighting skill, 5min CD, Does about 1-2k hit. Nothing fancy yet. Add a new Legendary trait that would require 7 yellow traits slotted (I said Isengard thoughs! New trait slots!), when slotted it would decrease the CD on this skill to 1min and make the skill truly special, when used with legendary trait slotted it would have 100% chance to give you all 3 buffs (Crit, Dmg, -Resist) for the next 15secs.

Any thoughs?

Last edited by Gaudir; 09-05-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen-Eldar View Post
Sounds like someone has been owned a few too many times or are you a bitter hunter ?
Actually there's only 2 runekeepers on my server I have a hard time with on my Rvr. Grothkar and Dharma. Dharma with his healing tactics and Grothkar with his 5k ECs regularly and the fact that half of his attacks crit.

Doesn't take away 5k hits are bull****, even if they rarely happen, so are 3k hits.

But don't worry, runekeepers are still snacks for a reaver. Just debuff their armor and you deal nice 100% unreduced fire damage.

Thread Closed