Go Back   LOTROcommunity Forum > LOTRO Classes > Warden

Warden For discussion relating to the Warden class

Thread Closed
Old 11-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Great Warden solo list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKile >
So be it, here is your todo list:
This Quote in another thread got me thinking, what if we would make a list of solo challenges wardens have completed so people that are looking for a challenge have some place to go, challenges will be listed per category.
If you have a challenge that you would like to se added to this thread then please answer in this thread or send me a PM.

Notes:
  • Using any item from the store is not allowed. Normal morale/power and wound/poison/disease/fear pots are.
  • Mobs that Have 30K Morale or higher may be considered for an entry on the list.
  • All instances that are not designed for a single player and are designed for a minimum level of 45 may also be considered.
  • Epic quests no longer count due to the changes
  • Skirmishes can be considered if they are done on level and from small fellowship tier I on out.
  • Challenges that are no longer considered a challenge can be removed from the list, just ask.
  • Challenges that are considered to be impossible to solo can be removed from the list, just ask.

Contributions to the list are always welcome and bragging rights are granted if you complete some of the harder challenges .

I'll update this list response to the feedback I get.

The List:

Instances: (grouped per level)
Quests: (grouped per zone)
  • Mirkwood: Crushing Force (Gathburz)
  • Mirkwood: Starlight and Shadows (Ost Galadh)

Ettenmoors:
  • Outpost Tyrant, Ettenmoors
  • LC Tyrant, Lumber Camp
  • Isendeep Tyrant, Isendeep mine
  • Caragdal, Ettenmoors, near LC
  • Mazauk, Ettenmoors, near Lug
  • Lug tirant (needs proof)
  • TR tirant (needs proof)
  • Delving of Fror bosses:
    • Munglug the Egg-Keeper
    • Gortheblin
    • Malembor
    • Nemornian

World Mobs:
  • Dht the Troll, Trollshaws
  • Urugarth Gatekeeper, Outside Uru
  • Carn Dum Gatekeeper, Outside CD
  • Riptalon, Moria
  • Bogbereth, North-east Angmar
  • Rothlug, Misty Mountains
  • Coldbear, Helegrod
  • Valtair, Annuminas
  • Cloben, Thror's Coomb

Skirmishes (group ones):
  • Ford of bruinen (small fellow, T1)
  • Stand at amon Sul (small fellow, T1)
  • Battle in the tower (small fellow, T1)
  • Trouble in Tuckborough (small fellow, T1)

Last edited by Vinzaya; 14-05-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Updates!

Old 11-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

I guess Caragdal warrants being there as you risk fighting quite a lot of adds during the fight which makes it fairly treacherous as all are on-level.

EDIT - It's the spider boss in the Ettens just west of the lumber camp. I also got the spelling wrong, sigh. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Hyksos; 11-09-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Could you remind me who caragdil is?
*has the memory of a gold fish*

Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Location: Paris (France). Mains : Warden/Rnk/Cappy. Kinship : Hope and Glory. Server : [EN] Gilrain.

In your to-do list, you can add a few bosses from Urugarth :
- Lhugrien
- Atphuk and Larkham (warg and warg-keeper)
- Gruglok
- Lagmas
and maybe a few bosses inside Barad Gularan (sorceresses, Wisdan)

Inside Moria, u can try to go as deep as possible inside Forgotten Treasury, Fil Gashan, Grand Stairs, Forges maybe ?! Ofc, the problem to solo some instances is that sometimes, they require interaction with several elements, which makes progress impossible (like WW, for instance).
The only limit is our own imagination, crazy attempts and repair bill.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

added some of the ones you mentioned, it would be nice if people could also suggest the order to do them, I want to make a list that becomes gradually harder so that you grow into the solo a bit before you go for the hardest bosses.

Also thank you for the suggestions, keep em coming!

Old 11-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinzaya View Post
The List:
-Urugarth Gatekeeper, Outside Uru
-Carn Dum Gatekeeper, Outside CD
-Barashal, Carn Dum
-Helcham, Carn Dum
-Bogbereth, North-east Angmar
-Coldbear, Helegrod
-Coldbear, Helegrod
-Valtair, Annuminas
-Carn Dum Castle (without mordri)
-Mordrith, Carn Dum
Defeating Coldbear once isn't enough?

Nice list so far.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Woops! thank you .
Is the order a bit good, since that's the thing I'm the most worried about at the moment (as you might note from the numerous times I asked it )

EDIT: Changed the order of stuff a bit.

Last edited by Vinzaya; 11-09-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Maybe Volume 1 Book 8 Instance?
Or is it book 7?
There's one where you fight Mordirith outside the Gates of CD but before getting there you have to fight a lot of adds at once, could be doable I think? I'll try find the exact chapter and book later

On the topic of order, I'd put the Library and School before the book 5 instances, purely as all the mobs are 6 or 7 levels lower.

Also I definitely wouldn't put Rothlug after Bogbereth or even Helchgam for that matter, it's a pretty simple fight solo'ing the drake compared to most things.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorthor View Post
Maybe Volume 1 Book 8 Instance?
Or is it book 7?
There's one where you fight Mordirith outside the Gates of CD but before getting there you have to fight a lot of adds at once, could be doable I think? I'll try find the exact chapter and book later

On the topic of order, I'd put the Library and School before the book 5 instances, purely as all the mobs are 6 or 7 levels lower.

Also I definitely wouldn't put Rothlug after Bogbereth or even Helchgam for that matter, it's a pretty simple fight solo'ing the drake compared to most things.

That's book 8 chapter 7. The instances are not really in any particular order but I'll change it. Personally I have more trouble soloing rothlug then bogbereth which is why I put him there, what do other wardens think about this? I'll put him in front of helchie for now since I don't think a lot of other wardens have troubles with him, it's probably just my personal bane .

Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Location: Paris (France). Mains : Warden/Rnk/Cappy. Kinship : Hope and Glory. Server : [EN] Gilrain.

you mean book 7 chapter 8, not the other way around
Imho, Rothlug is way harder than Bogbereth or Helchgam, because he can hit so much harder and can kill you easier in a couple of strikes if you use tDbD to get power back.
Also, Azgoth in CD is harder than most bosses in CD and Uru (except maybe Gruglok/Lagmas in Uru and Mordirith in CD) because of the adds she gets, the smaller ones she summon, and hard to kite as she resets easily or any Morrevail can root you.
I forgot Avalgaith (the Cargul in CD, surrounded by 8 High Priests doing the ritual) in the list. A very nice fight to solo, as you cannot simply kite around every adds and take your time, or you'll be overwhelmed by the remaining priests at the end of the ritual.

Thread Closed